Sinister: say my name, say my name

amy.longcore at xxx.com amy.longcore at xxx.com
Fri Oct 26 01:23:02 BST 2001

go ahead, i know you want to do it.
applecore, hardcore, happy hardcore, grindcore, nerdcore, emocore....
go ahead, get it out of your system.

aven after all of these years, i still  kinda don't mind the "applecore"
nickname.
i'm an apple kinda girl, so i suppose it's fitting.

james is correct, lansing is not "exciting".
it's just right for me though. lots of people around that stay, and lots
from all over
that come and go....it's one of those cities that mixes the small town/big
town feeling well for me.
and it's so much closer to ann arbor, detroit, chicago...than i am now, yet
still a quick trip home.

i'll take isobel's spot. i love sao paulo. sorry, stuart, i can't sing
worth a lick, but i do know all of the lyrics.

yes, this little pink michigan snowflake has been to brazil.
i've hardly been around the united states, but i did spend a month in
brazil.
oh man, isobel should have gone and sang "the girl from impanema" while in
rio.
come on, they'd have to. don't laugh at me.

i have to confess that i subscribed to the list with both my home and work
email adresses.
this here's the why:  no net at work, but email program readily at hand.
lots of dead time at work for reading and writing.
i wanted to leave myself the opporunity to decide which one i would most
use once out of the nursery.
i'm quite sure this is possible list abuse. i'm still trying to decide, so
honey, don't hate me. give me the weekend to see.
i'm thinking it will be here, my work addy.  what a lovely diversion you've
all created here for me.
then you'll HAVE to always see my full and silly name. i'd probably miss
you all on boring sunday afternoons with tea at home, but .... n e way.

i'll take your invisible "alone again or" off of your hands any day.
i love the simple whimsy of the song. sue me.

goodness is the weather quite insane the last couple days. snow, hail, ice
forming...
what happened to autumn? give it back to me!
there are still green leaves around, this just isn't right!

i have this incredible mix tape in my car that i wanted to bring into work
tonight....
(example tracks: "if you really love me" stevie wonder, "flourescences"
stereolab, "silver nitrate" pram,
"don't worry about the government" talking heads, "the workplace" jim
o'rourke....),
but i left it in my car. i had taken my cd for sinister and stuck it in the
case for the boy with the arab strap so i could bring those 2 cds in
tonight, left them on my dresser. i'm a musical loser.

b&s song of the day for thursday; "pocketbook angel"

well, better do a little work.
write lots for me, kids.

bye!
Amy (home: dotsandloops at yahoo.com)