Sinister: it's true I don't want to join the army or turn lathes in precision parts factories, I'm nearsighted and psychopathic anyway.

Richard Gillanders r_gillanders at xxx.com
Fri Oct 26 20:37:55 BST 2001

not my shoulder.  anyhow.  not for me.

oh.  I should start carrying a notepad again.  my
recollections would be so much more accurate.

I saw the lucksmiths on saturday.  not saturday.
wednesday.  it was fun.  with nice people.  and,
later, with the guitarists.  friendly.  and the
drummer, too [but gone.], seemed friendly.  he was a
stand-up guy.  as jimmy conway would say.  jamie
conway?  he isn't here.  sometimes I forget.  last I
heard of him was that he was seen smashing the
windscreen of a car in with a baseball bat.  larger
then life.  I should imagine.  perhaps I could catch a
matinée.  less effort required than catching a
manatee.  I keep imagining.

yes.  university gardens.  a fire.  some firemen.

some people said they liked the badge I've taken to
wearing.  they know a good badge when they see one.
and I wouldn't mind having any one of them in my
posse.  I almost put on an accent there.  I'm no good
with accents.  really.  better with apostrophes.  but.
 still.

mandee wright said I was the only boy she'd ever heard
of that read henry james by choice.  what does that
imply?  that could be construed as a sexist remark.
like.  boys are too immature to appreciate or to...?
I dono.
it had 'screw' in the title.

stacey said I didn't gloat an awful lot when I beat
her [and germany too.  yeah.] at scrabble.  she's
right.  I didn't.  and I can't fathom [phantom too]
why not.  I TOTALLY BEAT THE TWO OF THEM.  COMPLETELY.
 MORE THAN ONCE.  AND I NEVER EVEN HAD GOOD LETTERS.
I did MENTION it though.  earlier.  I concluded with:
'highscoring: it's lonely at the top'.  or something
in a similar style.  you see.  in a record store.  and
stacey didn't know of randy newman.  so I added it.
for effect.  it affected me anyhow.

and stacey with her link posting.  to photos.  ones
that weren't approved of.  or.  known of?  well.  I
don't mind.  I suppose.

stevie REVERB.  at nice 'n' sleazy's.  on saturday.
not wednesday.  and kids from the ppiiccnniicc in
dundee.  mister REVERB opens with 'lonely at the top'.
 by randy newman.  he's been spying on me.  I guess.
'and all the money...I have made'.  he sprinkles a
pocketful of loose change at his feet.  they prepare
for the next song.  he realises that his plectrum was
amongst his loose change.
I say 'wonderwall'.  and they give it a go.  a good
go.  and after all...

oh.

COPYCAT

http://home.earthlink.net/~mozzystars/_uimages/steviemefan_9-5.jpg

http://www.btinternet.com/~wpsalt/g/picb20.jpg

I know which was taken first.  I checked.  but.  hm.
I figure he must've seen me around town with it on,
got one himself and decided the only place he could
wear it and not be the cause of one of those faux pas
things [I can pluralise 'false step' easily but] was
america.  the far side.  of it.

link posting: what next?

thanks for the photos.  will.  and tina.  and for
bringing this attempt at imitation to my attention.

oatmeal to 'flight of the navigator' may be more
impressive than it sounds.  I do hope so.  but my
standards for connection enjoyance have been raised
significantly.  right?  right.

today.  someone asked me if I wrote any poetry.  I
told them I thought I had.  thinking is funny.

sometimes I think I only started thinking last week.
or the week before.  next week?  what will I think?

sometimes I think I use 'sometimes I think...' too
often.  sometimes I know I do.  sometimes I don't
care.  sometimes.  I do.

sometimes I think all I do is think.  yeah.  sometimes
I know I do.  sometimes I know I don't do.  but.
think.

sometimes I don't think.

or do.

sometimes I wish.  too.  sometimes I wish that people
I admire for their strong will could be easily swayed
by my opinions or feelings.  sometimes I wish that
people wouldn't try to persuade me of or to do
something when I don't want to be persuaded of or to
do it.  sometimes I wish people would try to persuade
me of or to do something when I seem like I don't want
to be persuaded of or to do it.

sometimes some things are all of the time.  alltimes.

.

I'm enjoying my time where I am.  I seem to have more
time to be reading.  or maybe I'm making it.  at the
expense of other things.  that deserve time equally.
and, perhaps, more urgently.

and the rustle of an ashtrayful of cigarette ashes
sounds comforting.  and the dulled murmur of nearby
drunken spaniards through the window or the door seems
less annoying than it might.

although.

some that should, they say, make you feel better.
relaxed.  and all.  have made me feel otherwise.  and
I don't like it.  and I'll have to decide what to do
about it.

so.  I'm reading 'a portrait of the artist as a young
man'.  I'm enjoying it.  I've never read any james
joyce before.  but I sort of liked the idea of it a
whole lot.  I have copies.  I have had for a long
time.  my mother's one of 'the dubliners'.  on my
shelf.  for years.  which version of 'ulysses' is
favored?  aw, where did u get to?

they say that when books have been translated a number
of times by a number of different people that you can
get really not so great translations.  and really
great ones.  I don't know how the version of 'don
quixote' I read half of compares.  I will read book
two eventually.  I don't think it's funny that I've
been saying that for more than...some months.

I only brought a few books with me when I moved.  ones
I intended on reading.  and a few that I'd read
previously.  some of them by jim thompson.  'the
killer inside me'.  kinda fun.  they made a film of it
in the seventies.  with stacy keach.  he was in the
one of 'the heart is a lonely hunter' too.  someone
said something about a carson mccullers tattoo.  jim
thompson wrote 'the grifters'.  yeah.  that one that
they did with john cusack and angelica huston and
annette bening.  it was good.  I don't like 'high
fidelity'.  much at all.  jim thompson wrote 'the
getaway'.  that one they did with steve mcqueen and
ali mcgraw.  I like that film.  I don't like the other
one.  probably.  I prefer the book to either.  I'm
sure.

I read 'the great gatsby' earlier this week.  a guy I
know insists it is about an escapologist.  he hasn't
read it.

I considered rewriting this post and replacing every
word with another: 'me'.  I think it would have read
quite well.  but I reconsidered.

I left my umbrella in a lecture theatre yesterday.  it
may be gone for good.  I expect much rainfall next
week.

I impressed some baseball capped australians on the
train by knowing who wrote 'sons and lovers'.

it wouldn't suprise me to find the name 'garnet' [it's
a name] inherently linked to the name 'bentley'.  or.
that it's simply an anagram of it.
sorry.  it's the same as ever.  perhaps.

apparently I found the finest axe.
then I'd say: we now need to find a stone axe.

me.

richard.