Sinister: swedish, nick valensi and hiphop.

Astrid Wiezell astrid.wiezell at xxx.se
Sun Oct 28 00:05:06 BST 2001

Yes, variety in the subject line?

The lovely Rachel Fruitloop wrote:
Poor ill Astrid wrote: "i always watched macgyver when i was a kid,
but my mum had to read the sublines for me, i hadn´t learnt to read
by then." The thought of MacGyver with subtitles to me is hilarious!
I used to watch the show, too. That's how I learned to make a bomb
out of a stick of chewing gum, the wrapper and some coca-cola. I
hope that info wasn't lost in the translation.

And, I guess it looks quite silly with those little lines in swedish. But I mean, my friend Marika was in Spain, and she´s obsessed with "Friends", and  during her holiday, she got ill, and one day she saw: Friends in spanish! How weird isn´t THAT? I mean, subtitles are so much better, than when films and stuff are translated into swedish. But the gratest was my sweet friend Carl Henrik, who with horror told me how his life actually changed when he heard "Bond... je m´appelle James Bond", and how he suddenly got aware that it is so much in life that he should be thankful for, like not having to suffer from bad translations into your own language.

I like being swedish though, because I get an extra language, and there´s loads of fabolous swedish music. Actually, that is what my mixtape that I´m sending Tom will have. Only swedish music. Whilst making the a-side this night, I realised hwo much good music there really is.

I went to a demonstration today, against USA bombing Afghanistan and letting the innocent people of Afghanistan suffer for it.

The only one´s that could make it was my friend Emma, whom I actually believe is CUTENESS in person, she´s so cute you just want to eat her, and another friend of mine, Indra, who was ill as well. I´ve been home since wednesday, so I thought it would be grate to get out a bit. But it rained, and the speaches were held at a big open place in Stockholm, and after a while, I was feeling so bad that I couldn´t stand up, I had to sit and hold onto my friends cords, so that I wouldn´t lose my already poor balance. It was horrible, just walking those maybe 100 metres to the subway felt horrible, as if I would die or something, I don´t know why but I was feeling so bad, my legs were shaking, I had gone all pale and I was very dizzy. So on the bus home, I´d lay with my head in Indra´s lap and she´d just look at me and say "Oh sweetie!". But when I got home and took a painkiller, and after like an hour, I was cured, fully! I was (almost) dancing, or at least nodding along to the music with my head.

I´ve fallen in love with Nick Valensi (the strokes) which is VERY bad due to a couple of reasons:

1. I´ve been having the "Uh, the strokes, such, they´re just so ordinary and overrated, uh" and now I want the album.I´ve heard it and all of the sudde it got really good.
2. My friends will harass me til the day I die because I´ve been getting known as the one who is AGAINST the strokes.
3. It´s always sad to be obsessed with celebreties.

But it is my sad story. Sad, huh? Well, I am mostly in love with Stuart Murdoch. No, there is another boy who... oh nevermind, hee hee. No, I won´t say anything more.

I saw a really good but quite strange program, it was made by BBC, and it was about the human face, and John Cleese was the "host", and his assistant was Liz Hurley (!) ...  WHAT THE HELL?! According to me, that was one of the least likely things to happen. Dead strange...

MTV is only playing hiphop at this time. Yes, I know that MTV sucks and that MTV2 which I luckliy got, rawks, but I can´t use the one wiht MTV" in this room, so at the moment I have to listen to Ja Rule. Ok, I COULD turn the tv off, but I hate silence. Most of the time, that is.

Mixtapebattle:

Sorry Will´s, but I´m cheering for the Rachel´s!

R is for Rawks
A is for.. er.. Adorable
C is for Cool
H is for H.. H.. moving on!
E is for E.. E.. my imagination has run dry..
L is for L.. LOVELY!

Rachel o.j:

I am SO looking forward to you moving to Stockholm, we have to meet up then! And judging by what you said about your friends, they´re not much to be sad about moving from. Amd Stockholm is a lovely city.

Rachel fruitloop:
You are so sweet!

Archel:
Thanks for your story to my site, but due to being pathetically lazy, I haven´t put it up yet, but tomorrow I´ll do it! I promise!

More of that people, thank you!
(http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/darling)
Contributions have already been made by the ever so luverrrrly Corduroy Boy Tom (*purr*), Dirty Vicar (Still looking for the soundtrack! I am CONVINCED there is one!), the charming Kate and our own francois Fred!

Laughing is very good for the body, and soul, and your life, and, ah, all that. Yet another exciting thing I learnt from the BBC-thing led by John Cleese tonight, and because I care about you all so much: Let´s all have a grate big LAUGH together:

[HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!]

Well, I´ve rambled on for far too long now. Sleep tight sweeties, and may.. and may.. and may you all have a good day tomorrow! (ER?)

Chocolate, pillowfights and mixtapes,

Astrid xxx

P.S Small kids talking english with an accent is the freakiest thing I know. I dot know why really, but it scares the HELL out of me. Maybe because I´m swedish.

P.P.S My mum told me that I sang for the first time when I was 2 years old, in the car. We had listened to a swedish artist, and when they put the tape off, I was sitting there, mumbling the melody and the sounds. Weird. But not as weird as kids speaking english with accent. Brrrrrr!