Sinister: I'm waking up to cornflakes

CrnflkgrlO at xxx.com CrnflkgrlO at xxx.com
Sun Oct 28 01:03:23 BST 2001

Dear Sinister,

I suppose posting a few times then going back to hiding is not a proper way
to join the club and make friends, now is it?  So this is my comeback
attempt.  I will try and make it on the level of John Tavolta in Pulp
Fiction, instead of John Travolta in Battlefield Earth.  Or perhaps David
Cassidy, if I could achieve his fame, imagine all the sweet lovin' I'd get!

Ok....enough about teen idols because I could go on forever about the tight
white pants of Leif Garret......

I actually have Belle and Sebastian related things to say!

So, I was delighted to get my Nintendo (original gangsta' style of 1988
Hannukah) and played mario three all afternoon!  How I adore Mario and the
gang!  I couldnt wait to get to level six because mario was in his racoon
costume and it is the snow level!  Well, I was excited because I really
thought it was a fox costume and I could play "fox in the snow" along to it,
but then my brother burst my bubble and told me it was a racoon.  But I
sacrificed accuracy for a Belle and Sebastian experience.  Wonder if Stu ever
played Mario, Stevie would certainly be Luigi!  I'm always rooting for the
underdog, and Luigi was more the tall, dark and handsome type.....

The other day, at school, this boy was telling me I reminded him of someone
familiar.  I was waiting for the inevitable comparison of my long blond hair
and tan bod to britner spears, but alas he told me I resembled Gargamel, the
bad guy who was always trying to catch the Smurfs.  OK, first I was a little
frightened.  But then he explained why: because when I'm not smiling, I look
like I'm plotting something "sinister"!!  He actually called me Sinister.
Little does he know....

I'm listening the new single now (shhhh!) and I wanted to comment on Stuart's
voice on "im waking up to us".  Is that Stuart!?  Or does it sound much
deeper than anything you could imagine coming from Stu's mouth?  For some
reason, I imagine him singing with facial hair sprouting up.  But seriously,
he's soulfull.  And if it isnt stuart singing, I have no idea who it could
be.  Bobby?  Its really a wonderful EP!!  Though I burned all my EPs onto two
discs so I felt like i had two new Belle and Sebastian albums.  And now disc
two is out of date already!!

I'm starting an imaginary club for Sinister kids.  Those of us 20 and under.
We'll embrace each other in our underage bliss.  I just like to imagine
frollicing with Astrid and Jenowl.

Oh, and a Sinister love connection club!  Because, is it just my imagine or
do Belle and Sebastian fans seek out mates who are belle and sebastian fans
more than any other band?  I mean, Radiohead fans dont necessarily look for
booty shakin' with other Radiohead fans.  Or do they?  Maybe its just me.

So, speaking of love, why do I have to?  But I'm putting a question out there
and I appreciate any advice I get!  Me and the Boy have broken up, seems
permanently this time.  I've spent the last month trying to move on, and he
already has.  A Pennsylvania boy has gotten my attention.  But I dont know if
I'm over the Boy, but Penn. boy could certainly help with that.  Bad part:
I'm in california, and I could visit him over winter break.  I'm horribly
nervous, do I go?  We email every day and talk on the phone quite a bit.  Oh,
love is strange!

Sincerely yours,
the Notorious R.C.