Sinister: meepmeep

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Sun Oct 28 15:54:11 GMT 2001

   it's funny, a sunday morning, driving down the street...leslie
came over yesterday.  she thought it might be fun to do something for
halloween...nothing much.  we went to the diner and had some coffee
and she had a cheeseburger, and we were listening to something in her
car and i asked her what it was, and she said something that sounded
like "oz sumate these" and i said "what?" and she said it again and i
asked again and this happened a few more times and finally i just
gave up and said "oh. hm." it was really confusing, too, because i
knew all of the songs.  later on when i went to get my bag out of the
trunk, i found the case for the cd and felt very very silly.
   leslie's the one who lives in the castle house.  it's actually
called "the castle," and apparently it's one of the oldest houses in
the area....built in 1890, which is quite old for the usa.  there are
lions carved over the windows, and they're creepy.  leslie told us a
scary story about the house, but it wasn't scary so much as it was
sad.  us...yes, melissa came over as well, and asked me for a
cigarette so i gave her one, and then the whole time she smoked it
she talked about how much she hates smoking and said "dammit kirsten,
you're a bad influence."  it's not like i had offered a
cigarette....ach.  well.
    we drank some....and i found some shimmery blue powder and we
started having fun....leslie got out shiny grey garbage bags, and we
found glitter and tape....and within fifteen minutes we were three
mod spacewomen, and i kept saying "meepmeep" and melissa kept walking
with her arms at her sides and her hands out at a ninety degree
angle, and leslie kept taking photographs.  we went down the street
to a place called halisco's, and there was a boy with wings that
nearly touched the ground.  and we saw the hamburglar, too, and a lot
of girls who seem to use halloween as an excuse to wear very little
clothing.  the line for the rocky horror picture show stretched all
the way around the block last night...we thought for a minute about
going, but leslie's friend from class who works there would have
spotted us in a second and made us do not-so-nice things on the
stage.  so.  halisco's.  we ordered a pitcher of margaritas and they
were the color of ecto-cooler.  stopped across the street for
cigarettes, and a woman poked her head into the station and
said "what are you s'posed to be?" and laughed.  i think melissa said
something.  i think i said "meep" very quietly.
   now it is 10:00 AM and i've just gotten home from leslie's, and i
have to go open the shop.  oh this is going to be a swell day, i can
already tell.  i'm never going to get all of this glitter off.  byebye
  love kirsten
oz sumate these...sheesh.

Care2 make the world greener!