Sinister: toast,ken livingstone and sleazy antiques dealers...

Desmond Torpey boyfreind_in_a_coma at xxx.com
Sun Oct 28 16:18:01 GMT 2001

hello there...
..hmmm...i seem to be posting less and less these
days...i just cant keep up with you crazy cats at the
moment...being unemployed takes up so much of my
time..there is sleep to be had, toast to be eaten and
delightful daytime television to watch..paticularly
'cheers' and 'bargain hunters' which i seem to have
developed rather a taste for...the sleazy old
presenter just makes me giggle every time i see
him...a combination of grey mullet, orange skin and
'busy' hands which are always strategically placed on
the elderly women contestants backsides..are all
antiques dealers like this?...i really need a job
quite soon...i may be losing my sanity....
...on the subject of 'alone again or', i saw this
peformed in bournemouth by our heroes and can testify
that it was a brave attempt at a beautiful song...a
little clumsy but there you go...and leading on from
this, 'waking up to us' sounds a little Love-like to
my ears as well...its also a bit more downbeat than i
remember hearing at the said bournemouth gig (isnt
this flowing well today?) but still pretty *wow*...i
think somebody else mentioned this too but was jo
whiley just being confusing when she said they had
some dates coming up after she played the
single?...she may have meant the dates in japan but it
seems a little strange..she was probably just being
daft...i like jo whiley...she makes terrible
television music chat shows and her face looks like
its constructed from some kind of dough...but she
seems nice enough...
..i also returned to oxford to see hefner on thursday
which was just fantastic...i felt a bit sorry for them
becuase it was clear that most people thought the new
stuff was rubbish and only wanted to hear the old
classics...they only played about five new songs and
bashed out about ten old ones in a superfunjumpalong
style...especially 'the sad witch' and 'hymn for the
cigarettes' and a great time was had by all...i dont
really think that 'dead media' was that terrible but
maybe they shouldnt go so crazy with the new toys next
time and remember to write some lovely songs like they
used to....
...all this mixtaping is mighty confusing...i cant
remember which will is which and whether rachel is a
cornflake or a fruitloop so i'll stay out of it and
just await the results...i've got £10 on the dastardly
mr chu making a late entry and stealing the title
himself with his army of fellow kens
(livingstone,branagh,clarke etc)..my what a mixtape
team that would be...anyhow..i've rambled
enough...thank you for your time :)
ta ta...

PS : You should all go NOW to
www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal becuase it has the some of
the most twee games i've ever seen...the snowbowling
is especially theraputic...