Sinister: scooby do/be/do

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Sun Oct 28 17:03:13 GMT 2001

Hello.

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon, and Sinister seems a perfect thing to do/be.

Rachel Fruitloop wins the prize for most referential Sinister post ever. You
win a year's supply of ">" signs.

Amy Apple Jacks mentioned Hallowe'en parties. I went to one last night, at
Feather-Boa's house. It was fun. People were dressed in black with black
nail polish and all the rest of it. List Lurkers Gina and Mr Hallifax were
both in attendance, and there was at least one ex-member there too. I didn't
see F-B. By all accounts she spent most of the night hugging her toilet.

On Thursday there was a small-scale Sinister picnic for most of the York
Sinister Massive. It was fun, although it wasn't really a picnic, more 5
people sitting in somebody's bedroom, drinking beer and eating Party Rings
and Jelly Babies. We all went round to F-B's house and watched all the B&S
videos and their appearance on Top Of The Pops. Gina provided the vid of
them on The Tube, and we all sat round being twee. Especially twee was Mr
Chris Jones, aka Mummy I've Grazed My Knee, who made plenty of baffling
comments about various aspects of this fine parish. MIGMK took detailed
minutes of the whole evening, so I'll leave him to fill in any blanks.

Rob Brennan mentioned the new Pulp album. It is indeed fab, and everybody
should buy it. At risk of sounding like Wobbly Taperecordings Inc I'll
continue on the "Good Records" theme. "Versus" by the Kings Of Convenience
is also fantastic, although people should buy "Quiet Is The New Loud" first.
"Drukqs" by the Aphex Twin is unpronouncable (I'm of the opinion it should
be said "Drug Use") but utterly madly wonderous, and "My Father My King" by
Mogwai is just them showing off, but excellently so.

Anyway, not much left to say. Wrap up warm, you crazy kids - it's only
getting colder and darker from now until February...

love

Asm.x