Sinister: you could say he is barking up the wrong bush

staralful - staralful at xxx.com
Mon Oct 29 12:20:29 GMT 2001

Dear all
Right 15 minutes start here:    So how are you all today this fine bank
holiday (here anyway). With the clocks changing etc I find myself going to
bed early and waking up early which is very disconcerting. Right so I had a
delightful 2 days ish in Dublin- Every time I go there I realise that I hate
it even more. There are far too many people there and you could be in any
city in Europe which is a bit annoying- I remember the days of potholes and
poor people. There is none of that there anymore- just rich bourgeois happy
enough to walk down the street with their bags from all the posh shops.  The
only thing that hasn’t really changed is the itinerant kids singing their
hearts out to oasis and a delightful addition to the buskers is the Hari
Krishna’s singing their eponymous song.  The only refuge from this barrage
of noise and unhappy rich people is the delights of an ould mans pub called
Keogh’s which while in the middle of the city has the impression of being in
the middle of the country. It is spread over 3 floors which haven’t been
decorated in years. The bar stools are still inhabited by the same ould
fella’s who have probably been there for the last 60 years. I almost felt
bad about impeding in their place of drinking but we a)weren’t in the mood
for a trendy bar on a Saturday afternoon and b) we really needed a pint to
try and forget the horrors of Dublin. I was so glad to go on the DART back
down to Bray where there is a mile long promenade with amusements on one
side and the sea on the other which when done responsibly holds a rather
good swim. I literally haven’t walked there ages and I was surprised to see
the beach has grown up to the wall where before breakers would come over in
stormy weather- We climbed Bray Head-A hill with a cross at the top with
really nice views over the coast back up to Dublin- EEGADS how glad I was to
be back in the car away from that place and get back to the city of cork
where everybody knows my name and they are always glad I came.
Right content time- Am I possibly the only person on earth who hasn’t heard
the new song yet (I have got marx and engels). Is it good ? Bad ? or just
pure ugly? .

Hmm  can I join the under 20 brigade please? I will bring the beer.

Ohhh and another thing- I know there was all this talk about Indie/alt
soccer teams- How about sinister 11-    any suggestions?        Honey no
doubt and Mr Chu
Would feature in the main positions (maybe water girl and slop bucket boy)

Anywho I go on and I am off  “celebrate” my 19 year old friend getting
engaged (it is so easy to sound pleased on phone when really you aren’t) at
the lovely jazz festival

Remember that baboons don’t laugh at each others arses

*****staralful******

"Are you calling Mr Simpson a liar?"-----" Not exactly -but we do have this
fottage of him with his pants on fire"