Sinister: There's a monkey making love to the hole in my head

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Tue Oct 30 03:50:43 GMT 2001

Hello everyone,

I think it's been a while since I last posted, but not long enough.

Ever since midterms I've been very detached.  Very tired, very bored, very
blech all the way around.  Since I don't work anymore, and I have nothing to
study for, I've become lazy and completely unmotivated.  I just have nothing
to do and no energy to do it.  No music was particularly satisfying.  The
situation became much more dire after I broke the needle on my record
player.  Things just couldn't get any worse...

Until about an hour or so ago.  I'm not sure why, but I popped in Mermaid
Avenue and everything suddenly got better.  I still have a bit of a
headache, and my arm and shoulder are extremely sore from bowling the other
night (even though I didn't bowl), I was actually excited about something.
And to top it all off, Mandee's radio show is coming on tonight.  That seems
to be the highlight of my week (which is kind of sad I suppose).  Everyone
should tune into it though.  There is always at least one song that I've
never heard before that I fall in love with.

Why do.  some people.  post. in fragments.  ?.  Maybe it is to.  hold our
short.  atten.  tion. sp. ans.  a wee.  bit.  long. e. r.

I watched a bit of the sitcom Caroline in the City this morning.  It was
extremely depressing.  It puzzles me as to how that show was ever popular.
Most sitcoms are so incredibly dumb.  I just can't stand them.

I had never heard the Divine Comedy until a week or two ago.  An attractive,
young Scottish lass with a penchant for piercings gave me a great big list
of songs, which I downloaded and have been enjoying.  I didn't know about
them in 1996 though, because I was listening to the Pumpkins, Bush, Garbage,
and Weezer <braces for a big punch from Julie> at the time.  As for the DC
vs. SFA thing, I think I'd have to side with SFA, just because I've known
them longer.  No offense to anybody.  The greatest song about the weekend is
obviously by Loverboy.

I was at my friends house today, and he has cable, so I watched MTV2.  I saw
the new Garbage video and the new Bush video.  It amazes me how boring and
stupid they were.  How did bands so important to my musical development
become so awful all of a sudden.  The videos were absolute crap as well.
Cheesy computer effects and fast editing.  I turned it back to the spaghetti
western on TBS shortly thereafter.

I saw the Strokes/Moldy Peaches last Friday.  The Moldy Peaches blew me away
(they truly rocked), and I actually enjoyed the Strokes. The album is pretty
good in my opinion, and they only played 12 songs for about a 45 minute set.
  I was very happy about that, since I was dead tired and still had a long
drive ahead of me.  All good fun though, worth 10 bucks to be sure.

My weakness for the Velvet Underground reared it's ugly head again this
weekend, when I found a three disc live compilation.  I promplty bought it,
and even though it was recorded in 1969 by an audience member with a cheap
recorder, the 38 minute sister ray is worth it alone.

Astrid mentioned the sheer brilliance that is MacGuyver.  He was my idol as
a youngster (I am one of the under 20 brigade), but the episode Trumbo's
Land, about all the ants taking over town, scared the piss out of me.

Blue Oyster Cult begin and end with "Godzilla"

My deepest condolences to Rachel OJ and her recent boyfriend troubles.  I'm
ashamed to be a male.  "I'm sure that women are equal, and they may be ahead
of the men."

Caleb is right-on about "Waking Life".  It was truly amazing.  It made me
forget all about the Newton Boys <shutters>.

I had more to say, but as usual, I forgot.  I really should start writing
this stuff down.

-Matt