Sinister: pulling my fingers off

ETypeJoe at xxx.com ETypeJoe at xxx.com
Wed Oct 31 02:41:00 GMT 2001

i'm just recovering from a double sinister shock - first mark hester knocks
me sideways with mentions of the mighty paris angels, and the wendys, and
then rachel fruitloop reminds me of my own mortality with talk of a sinister
retirement community. i don't know whether to take some comfort from the fact
that there are one or two of us more ancient listees (in my case i have to
think back over three whole years, just to remember a time when my age
started with a 2 not a 3 - just think about exactly how old that is kids -
rather scarily i could potentially be a father to one or two on the list, and
no don't anybody suggest a sinister adoption scheme - i couldn't bear the
responsibility) or just to feel old and sad.

so just why i am posting instead of digging out that old bodines 7" (sorry
mention of fab mancunian groups of yore has set me off, and yes i do know the
wendys were from embra, but they may as well been manc) - two reasons really.

firstly ace dj of this parish, well alright then john peel from radio 1 is
running his fantastic festive 50 again this year. for those that don't know
you can vote for your three favourite tracks of the year, including session
tracks, and he plays the top 50 as voted over xmas time. details of voting
will undoubtedly appear on www..bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/peel or on his radio 1
show (i'm too tired to explain the details here, but mail me off list if you
want more info and can't be bothered to find out - i can prolly cope with
explaining at a more godly hour), but you do have to vote in the month of
november. it would be grately pleasing to see a ditty or two from any popular
8-piece scottish beat combos if you can think of any (hurrah, tenuous b&s
content!), not that i'd be wanting to encourage any wild accusations of brit
award style vote rigging campaigns, of course - oh no, not me... he has a
pulp live set including webcast on tomorrow (wednesday 31st) by the way, with
the lovely hefner on the night after (audio only, but at least we won't have
to look at darren)

the other more reason was the disturbing piece of graffiti i saw on a
crossing at clapham common last weekend during my six-monthly visit to the
big metropolis from the northern hinterlands that are south manchester. it
read "chu was here". what can it all mean?...

anyway, i am about to fall asleep so back to lurkerdom with intent from
whence i came. a big hey to gina, and chris - i will mail you sometime before
the next ice age. now just where is my man from delmonte tape?...

tara for now,
jonny