Sinister: confessions of an unidentified Dr. Seuss character

LilGrape25 at xxx.com LilGrape25 at xxx.com
Wed Oct 31 19:57:56 GMT 2001

Hello my little sinestettes,

Have you noticed how many posts begin with "I haven't posted in a long time, so I thought I'd say something"  Well, this one is no different.  Its been a while since I said anything, and, as much as I love all your posts, its the best when someone mentions me.  If I say worthwhile things I might make it onto Rachel Frootloop's The Best Of Sinister letter!  how lovely would that be.  Also, there are a number of things I've been meaning to say..

Could someone give me a good definition of twee?  Its a lovely word, but what does it mean? I want to use it, but I'm afraid I'd do so wrong.  Where did it come from? is it a sinister thing?

Today is halloween, a holiday which I adore.  Yesterday my mum and brother and I carved some kickass pumpkins, the best we've ever done, and it made me very happy.  Today I dressed up as Daisy Head Mayzie, a character from a lesser known Dr. Seuss book. (an extremely famous childrens author..no one I've met who's not american has heard of him. Have any of you?) I thought it was a very clever costume.  I figured lots of people wouldn't be able to tell who I was, but once I told them they'd think it was really cute.  But they had never heard of the book! irk!  The principal and judge of the costume contest hadn't even heard of it...how can you call yourself an educator and not have read all the Dr. Suess books?!?!  I was so discouraged that I took the daisy of my head.  Now I just look a little unusually dressed.  Seeing as I don't blend in anyway, due to my love of BRIGHT COLORS, It looks like I haven't even dressed up.  I'm so sad.

My dear Hye Min (fellow wee thing of sinsiter) dressed up as the Pocketbook Angel, isn't that cute?  Talk about obscure, though.  Nobody at boarding school will get that hunny.  Did you have an experience like mine?

Speaking of Belle and Sebastian, as I am supposed to do, I have decided that if they came to play new york, my life would be complete.  I would be so happy that I could never be sad again.  But they won't...

Lots of talk of a Jr. Sinister club.  That would be a lot of fun.  I think I'm the very youngest sinister kid, seeing as I'm younger than Hye Min. Astrid's 15 too, though, aren't you?  When's your birthday dearie? Anyone else I'm forgetting about.

Well, thats all.

I love you all very much,

Rachel Grapenut