Sinister: Kissing just for practice

Rachel fruitloop blind_lisa at xxx.com
Wed Oct 31 22:17:10 GMT 2001

HI SINISTERINES!
I know I just posted a monster of a post yesterday, but today's posts
have urged me to post again.
Especially Stacey Dahling's post.  She wrote: "Am I the only one who
thinks this B&S love connection club idea is a bad one? Sinister
crushes are evil things, I have determined."

I have been burned. The latest one not nearly as bad as the first.
The first was years ago, and I got way too carried away in it. And he
broke my heart. I nearly moved to Texas to be with him. I am so glad
that I didn't. I actually met him whilst following Suede
cross-country.  he introduced me to the music of b&s and to Sinister.
So, at least I was left with something grate.  Since then, I have
been more careful about how much of myself I give to internet
romance.  But I am a fan of list crushes despite the fact that I have
been "list dumped" recently.  I'll tell you why I'm still a fan...

When you make a connection with another listee, it is a wonderful
feeling to get their e-mails and read all of the sweet things they
have to say. I love to feel adored.  I love flirting with cute, funny
and charming boys who share similar interests. I love letting myself
get carried away in the fantasy. But I am trying very hard to keep in
mind that the internet is a very sterile environment and that it is
very easy to type things that you wouldn't normally say to someone.
So, while you're reading the most gorgeous bit about your sparkling
eyes and how much he'd like to take you in his arms and run through
fields of heather with you, you have to know that he can't see your
eyes.  And if you tried to run, you'd have an asthma attack straight
away because you don't excercise, you sit in front of a computer all
day long.  But I still love the idea of it.  I still love the romance
of it.  And yes, you will come across people that will jerk you
around, but you just have to try to keep perspective. Don't make any
promises! Have fun with it! I like list crushes because they make me
feel really good, for the most part. And when your crush has run it's
course, there is always another lovely out there just *waiting* to
exchange some kind words with you! I think predominantly the common
thread is that we're hopeless romantics and we're all B&S fans!
Having a list crush just makes my day seem a bit more lovely, just
like hearing "The Stars of Track & Field" for the first time! I like
to smile.

I have crushes on a lot of you. But it takes me a while before I will
actually send it in "official"-like. I pretty much have permanent
list crushes on Ken Chu and Richard Gillanders, and of course Mr.
Ryan, who is STILL in the nursery, so I practically have him all to
myself, for now. But Mr. Ryan also lives near me, so it's a bit
different because I get to see him in person and actually know him.
But still. I'd consider him a crush.

Also, I'd like to say that if I could, right now, I'd vote a list
crush on Elise Spry, Kirsten Kenyon, and Stacey Dahling... They are
the bees knees! I adore their personalities that come through in
their posts even though they're girls, I'm an equal opportunity
crusher!  But like I said in my last post, I've got a fire in my
heart for Mr. B, so you ladies will just have to wait until Ben moves
on to his next crush before I get to you lot! So, watch out! ;)  I
may vote a "list crush" on you next!

You're ALL so adorable! Especially YOU! I see you smiling over there!
me love ya long time,
Rachel fruitloop

p.s. Boo!