Sinister: mval/ballboy

David Simpson david-a-simpson at xxx.net
Wed Oct 31 22:20:27 GMT 2001

Hi Everybody

Just in case it slipped under your radar, I'm posting to tell you that
Isobel
Campbell appears on the new Mount Vernon Arts Lab LP The Seance At Hobs
Lane; she plays viola on the song 'The Black Drop' and, er, that's all.
She's very good on it.  The LP's the usual MVAL sort of thing, sounding like
music by and
for Cybermen and Clangers.  I love it to pieces, but maybe best to hear
before buying.  There's a web site: http://mval.topcities.com, with more
information and possibly some
downloadable sound clips.  The LP doesn't seem to be on a label as such, but
it's distributed in Britain (well, certainly in Scotland) by Cargo
Distribution.

Oh aye, while I'm in a recommending mood, go out and buy the LP club anthems
2001 by ballboy (they don't go in for capital letters much) because it's
brilliant.  Except don't bother if
you have their three EPs because this collects them together with about two
extra songs.  If you're not familiar with them, they're a bit like Belle &
Sebastian if Stuart David had taken over instead of forming Looper.  Well,
sort of.  The LP's on SL Records (Lone 11); website is
www.listen.to/ballboy.

Hope everyone's keeping well

David A