Sinister: glasgow, etc

Andrea Kittenmouse kittenmouse at xxx.com
Sat Sep 1 20:22:55 BST 2001

Hi Everyone,
I hardly ever post, and actually, I hate to admit it, but I haven't really
been reading much lately.  Everything is turning out serendipitously (sp?)
really.  I'm leaving for Scotland in 3 weeks exactly, and my one of my
favorite bands is playing just a week before I leave.  (Yes I'm talking
about Belle and Sebastian.)  Yay!  I also got to see two other of my
favorite bands this summer, radiohead, and what used to be cap'n jazz, and
is now called owls.  Their new album is amazing.
I think for the next two weeks, I'm going to see how few times I can mention
in conversation that I'm going to Scotland.  It's really hard, because every
time I see someone I know, like at work or school, they invariable say "hey,
what's up?" and what am I supposed to say?  That I'm not packing my stuff to
leave this stinky town (and country) for a couple months?
Portland is such a drag lately anyway.  It's so small that the local alt
weekly paper can't find anything better to write about than a bunch of
alcoholics who hold weekly soapbox derby races in a local park.  How boring.
  This is when I start thinking it might be productive to have a major
league sports team in Portland so they would have something to do other than
sit in their basements together, getting drunk and gnawing on beef jerky.
Enough cynical b.s.  I'm leaving the country!  As Truman Capote would have
said "I'm beside myself!"
Your friend, hopefully,
andrea

http://web.pdx.edu/~andreay