Sinister: it is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife. duh.

Richard Gillanders r_gillanders at xxx.com
Sat Sep 1 22:39:53 BST 2001

I don't half enjoy the P F posts.  it's more than a
half.  I think my enjoyment is rooted in the fact that
I don't understand half of them.  it's less than a
half.  before.  I've thought about knowing who [some
of] the people are that get referred to and what they
think.  then I think that I might enjoy the reading
less if I did.  so I'm glad I don't.  oh.  but maybe
I'd enjoy the reading more if I did.  know.  hm.

still: fun.

I destroyed one of those personal organisers at a
party last night.  an electronic one.  I've never been
organised.  personally.  or electronically.  and I
said something else too.
there was a reason for the destruction.  I don't
doubt.  but I was too scared to ask.
I got kinda drunk.  I think I might have acted in a
funny way.  I got back to my brother's flat and he
said I was trying to explain things and I dropped my
irn-bru and I kept not finishing sentences.  even
though I had started.  them.  and I demanded to see
'the big lebowski'.  and this morning.  I had no
hangover.  and sat in traffic for an hour.  singing.
and remembering talking about a lyric that said
'holland-dozier-holland'.
I wish I could know what I'm like when I'm drunk.  I
don't think recording myself being drunk is a good
idea.  though.  I think I might be a bit scary.
because that's what happens.  isn't it?
but I had fun.  even if I acted silly.  and maybe I
didn't really act silly.  but I was really drunk.
they said my wine was oaky.  I didn't think it was bad
either.

I had some fun stories to tell you about fun.  not
real fun.  but.  I left it too long and I forgot.  I
told some people.  though.  so.
there were even bits that related to belle and
sebastian.  hm.

here comes some sort of attention grabbing heading.

E D I N B U R G H   P I C N I C - update.

I'm updating.  even though 'rouss' gordon just posted
about it.
I had talked to people.  and I've talked to gordon.
and we're reconsidering.  I think we're going to
remove the bowling and replace it with somewhere where
there's grass.  whrwhrthr.  so.  the only risk, of
course, is of rain.  some said 'holyrood park'.  and I
think that's fine.  as long as we have a place that's
near a place where there's shelter of sorts.  and then
a pub on the high street.  and if it's raining when we
arrive.  well.  we can go to a big pub on rose street.
 I can phone ahead and ask if we'd be allowed to eat
our picnic stuffs there.  they might let us.
gordon also suggested that a shift might work.  if we
just shifted the whole thing to kelvingrove park.  it
really doesn't matter to me.  it really doesn't matter
at all.  because.  of where I am.  but some people
might not be happy.  and some people might be happier.
 maybe those people.  or you people.  should mail me.
or mail gordon.  and state yer preferred VENUE.  or
something.

will suggested I should take over.  he was eating a
bounty.  and we decided that mutiny is no good.  so I
chatted to gordon.  and he wanted me to take over.
the organising.  but I smashed up my personal
organiser last night.

I'm no kind of organiser.

it's up in the air.  what's the date?  okay.  so it's
supposed to be two weeks today.  give me some of the
feedback and we'll sort it all out.  thanks.

it is the fifteenth.

enough,
richard.