Sinister: 3.. 6.. 9.. Seconds Of Light

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sun Sep 2 14:37:08 BST 2001

Hi All,

"a singer-songwriter's day is spent avoiding his so-called occupation"

Poking round the Belle And Sebastian band site (
http://www.myspace.co.uk/belleandsebastian/ , as if you didn't know) today I
noticed that Messrs Murdoch & Cooke have updated their pages in the (00's)
Who section. Mick's decription of his first teen band is so funny I can't
decide whether its rilly true or not, Stuart's is the story that he says
should have gone on the Seconds of Light ep cover.

I find new words for my vocabulary: I guess I can figure out what "bentshot"
means, but "clatty"? Someone please define.

BTW, I loved his previous entry, about his musical experiences in primary
school, did anyone save it & if so would they please send me a copy? Thanks.

Oh, I think its about time that the Photos page was up dated. Please can we
have some of the polaroids that Sarah took onstage at Ipswich, especially
during the Jilted John or Queen covers :)

David Simpson mentioned The Bill Wells Trio. The video clip (if you can call
36 minutes a clip) with Bill, Stevie & Robert Henderson (?) can be found
here:

	http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/edinburgh/ram/edmixingit.ram

Thanks to Geneviève for Reporting Back and so descriptively as well on her
(preliminary, I hope) expedition to the old country. I started to freeze too
on the deck of that ferry to Arran.

Did you really go so far as to invite 1452 of us almost complete strangers
over to Canada to visit, ice skate and eat Beaver Tails? And how do you
enforce a line break in plain text, anyway?  :)

She also marked Struan's birthday & I don't think it would be fair not to
mention the others' as well. I can't remember the soutrce of this, but here
goes anyway:

	Stevie Jackson	16th January 1969
	Sarah Martin	12th February 1974
	Isobel Campbell	27th April 1976
	Richard Colburn	25th July 1970
	Stuart Murdoch	25th August 1968
	Chris Geddes	2nd October 1975
	Mick Cooke		15th December 1973
	Stuart David	26th December 1969

Thanks also to Archel for marking the passing of Robin & Owen. I hope they
return one day.

YELLOW SUBMARINE
Youn wrote:
>> home (home!)

>The second time, how was it pronounced?

(I guess), for the pleasure of savouring the word and the feeling again,
with a mixture of satisfaction, almost surprise, even triumph after such a
long time of not being in a position to use the word truthfully.

>It is always raining inside me.

There's a future for you as a  indie soft-pop lyricist, I reckon.

>> old Foxgloves song 'Chicken In A Bucket'

>Foxes and Chickens do not mix. Foxglove1 needs to work on his southern
drawl.

A prototype for material being prepared for the twilight of the Foxgloves
career on the chicken in a basket circuit methinks.
BTW, Foxgloves 1 & 2 both live South of the river.

On Segundosdeluz Luis Enrique Reports that there are a review & photos of
B&S @ Benicassim in Rolling Stone. A quick trip to WH Smith tomorrow I
reckon.

Love,

David Moore