Sinister: Great Lakes Picnic - AFTERMATH

JAMES GILMER patchworkz7 at xxx.com
Sun Sep 2 20:57:13 BST 2001

I think we can safely say that the Great Lakes Picnic was a success. It was
a great time and the best part was meeting some very cool people. Massive
props go to Colin and his non-Sinister friends who made the drive all the
way up from Kentucy to meet up with us.

Also in attendence were the dynamic duo of Shawn and Emily, as well as the
well-known Kirsten Kenyon, and of course the real brains behind the picnic
and navigator extrodinaire Amy Bancroft, who desrves a special award for not
tossing me out of the car for mangling Belle and Sebastian tunes on the ride
back to Michigan.

For those of you who didn't come you missed good food, ribena, Red bull &
vokda, roasting marshmellows, a bonfire, the joys of running into barb wire
in the dark, the sinister squaredance, and many other things that I'm far
too tired to remember.

Dancing was attempted but resulted in a near concussion for the two sinister
peeps involved.

Many thanks to Colin and company for inviting us all back to their campsite
for drinking and bonfire fun, and for bringing vodka to go along with the
Red Bull I brought.

Hopefully everyone woke up this morning feeling refreshed and clearheaded,
if so you're a bit farther ahead than I was.

Anyways, a brilliant time was had by all, and many thanks to everyone
involved, we'll have to do it again sometime.

Next time I think I'll be a bit more careful of the barbed wire :)

Jim