Sinister: Edinburgh Picnic- stop press

Will Salt wpsalt at xxx.com
Mon Sep 3 14:17:09 BST 2001

If *you* can see this, press Delete now.

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Gordon wrote:

> After some to-ing and fro-ing, if not to say toeing and frolicking yet,
> a bunch of us have decided that a nice place for our picnic (that is,
> the soonest Scottish one, as plenty are going on or are being planned
> for elsewhere too) would be Edinburgh's Royal Botanic Gardens. 2pm, 15th
> Sept, 2001.

I popped down there today in the interests of Research, seeing as nobody
else seems to have bothered.  The large signs by the entrance saying "NO
PICNICS" make me think that this is an incredibly stupid idea.  I've heard
of picnics ending in disaster, but never of picnics ending in disaster
before they've even started.

Anyone for a sensible, straightforward, soberly-organised picnic somewhere
ele in the city?

No? No answer?  No change there then.  Have fun getting thrown out, y'all.

xx
gneissy