Sinister: yo mama!

Astrid Wiezell astrid.wiezell at xxx.se
Mon Sep 3 16:27:57 BST 2001

Hello drrrrrlings!

I hope that all of you are having a fab day, mine sura has been! I skipped p.e and took the bus to Stockholm insted with my friend Anna.

I bought a NME, and an absolutely fantastic record: bad cash quartet - outcast.

It´s just ACE. Some of the wedish papers have compared bad cash quartet with the stroked, and all agrre: bad cash quartet is the better one.

I mean, maybe I WOULD have bought the record (strokes) if they weren´t so overexposed and overrated. Sure, they play quite good music, sure. But I don´t think that it´s more than that. If anyone of my friends come up to me and tell me to by the strokes, I might just spontaneously throw up. I am SICK and TIRED of the strokes.

I got a record yesterday as well, a late birthdaygift from my uncle and his family, with a swedish artist called Magnus Carlson. The album title translates as "It´s just you, you, you". I LOVE IT! It´s very melancholic, dramatic, a whirlwind of emotions that grabs you and you get caught up in the middle of it all. Too bad that you don´t know how to speak swedish, because then you could listen to loads of fantastic music. I think that´s grate, having two languages to listen to.
Magnus Carlson sings in a band called Weeping Willows, and their most famous song is blue and alone. I bet it´s on audiogalaxy.com, so download it, it´s a very beautiful song.

We have been told, in our swedish class, that we should write a novel. UH. I CAN write those kind of novels that are just about girl meets boy and they fall in love blah blah blah. And write it for myself, sure. But would I let my teacher, one of the most repulsing persons I´ve ever met, read a lovestory that I´ve written? NO! I´m thinking of writing about a fox. But I don´t know what to write about it.

We read a novel in our swedish class today, that was about a caraccident, and a child gets killed, so it was a really horrible thing to read. But it was a picture of the author, and, I feel ashamed to tell you, that I thought "WOW, he sure looks good!". But then I felt really bad about it, because I SHOULD be thinking about how he was telling a story, but still, I had that stupid, superficial thought stuck in my mind like gum in your hair.

I think I´ll go and eat some chocolate bars instead of writing more crap.

Take care,

Astrid xxx
http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/darling

a site about b&s and their fans´ love to them.