Sinister: Manchester Pic-a-nic response

zorba at xxx.uk zorba at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 3 20:37:34 BST 2001

so the 15th of september?  that sounds fine to me.  what sort of
time are you thinking of?  what's smile like?  that's at the star &
garter isn't it?  a friend of mine puts on indigo at the uni & he's
a big b&s fan & will be sure to play lots of b&s stuff if there's a
load of us that go down.  maybe even cheap in . . . . (he might
kill me for saying that, so i'm not so sure yet, but maybe)  i
don't know what night indigo is on though . . .

platt fields is dead easy for me and is a pretty central location
so it might be good.  however it might be bad too - lots of
flashers as you say & it can be fairly dangerous around there too
sometimes - a workmate of mine had his ear bitten off in there and
someone got their ear bitten off there the other week too (that one
was in the paper).  but i don't neccessarily have another
suggestion.  maybe heaton park - now that's a LOVELY park.  its
huge too.  but its quite far out of manchester.  but there are
regular buses that go past it.

other than that i think i'm about through. what about some
alternative venue if it rains (not unlikely, as i'm sure most of
you know)?  is there a bandstand in platt fields?  or something
undercover, or do we choose a back up place?

i think there may be more questions than answers there, i hope i
haven't made this more difficult . . . :-)

as for help, yeah it shouldn't be a problem to do something, email
me and let me know.