Sinister: Exotic SF Picnic + 1 SF ticket for Saturday night

Kyla Schuller kylaschu at xxx.com
Tue Sep 4 23:59:57 BST 2001

Greetings,

TICKET
I have 1 ticket, row G, for Saturday's SF show. Asking
face value + charges, so $30. (un)lucky recipient will
be able to sit next to me.

PICNIC EROTICA

Oops, sorry, I meant exotica.  It's a good thing we're
 trying to plan a meet-up for strangers from
out-of-state in the largest municipal park in the
country. Consequently, per the Pine Fox's suggestion,
all those who identify as women must come draped in
brightly hued sarongs with tropical flowers perched
among their locks; those who identify as men may be
expected to wear their best safari khakis.  Those who
identify as neither or both can dress as wild game.
With this small precaution, which I'm sure was the
kind Pine Fox's intention all along, we shall surely
stand out; a certain accomplishment in the city of San
Francisco.

In all seriousness, the particulars for the SF picnic
exotica follow:

We shall meet by Stow Lake, in the East End of Golden
Gate Park, at 2:00 p.m.  As the west end is the ocean,
this seems a wise choice.  There are many twee
features of this site.  It is not only the second
largest lake in the city, it is adjacent to the first
children's playground in America.  It is also by the
(free) arboreteum.  Adventurous sinisterees can join
me on a trek up Strawberry Hill, the island in the
lake, for, naturally, the view.  From this nearly 500
foot perch grand views of that bridge (fog permitting)
and the skyscrapers and the park may be had.

I will bring a frisbee with more than a few canine
teeth marks. I'll leave the canine at home. WEATHER
WARNING: SF is not California. it gets cold. sep-oct
are the warmest months, and it's been hot the past 10
days, but it can be really cold and foggy. remember,
layerliness is next to godliness.

As for finding us:

Stow Lake may be accessed by 19th Avenue at Lincoln.
By MUNI, the underground subway monster, take the
outbound  N -Judah line from Market Street downtown,
and get off at Judah and 19th.  Turn right on 19th,
and in two blocks you will find Lincoln. By car, take
Fell Street, then take a right on Stanyan, then a left
on Lincoln. Please email if you need further
directions, as most seem to be from out of town.

For directions on public transport, you can call MUNI
at (415) 673-6864, and a real live person will kindly
tell you how to get there from wherever you happen to
be in the city.

>From 19th and Lincoln, we will meet just beyond the
junction of MLK Jr. drive and 19th.  We'll be between
the children's park and the lake, to the right of 19th
avenue, in the grass. I'll bring some big dorky red
balloons to identify us.

There is a map here:
http://www.sfgate.com/traveler/graphics/maps/ggpark-map_full.gif
.
do email with questions. my phone is 510.535.1041. i
don't have one of those new-fangled transportable
devices, unfortunately. i won't be checking my email
saturday, but i will through friday. a lot of you are
from out of the area - don't hestitate to ask me
questions.

apologies for the length --

kyla