Sinister: My Family Tree Stretches out to Alicante

Amy Skelton borokitty at xxx.com
Thu Sep 6 10:37:27 BST 2001

Hello all,

Well now that I'm finally writing my first post I guess I should let you
know some of my background....

I'm from Middlesbrough originally but I am currently studying at Sheffield
University. As well as goiing to lots of gigs, I also enjoy going hiking
(which I do as often as I can) and kayaking (rivers, surf and canoe polo
although I could do with some more paddle sport practice generally). I also
do conservation volunteer work. Well, I'm into all sorts of things but I
don't want to go on for ages!

I'm really excited this morning because I've just booked a last minute
flight to go and visit my eldest brother in Alicante where he has been
living for just under a year. If anyone on the list lives in the city
itself, or the surrounding area and fancies meeting up, I'll be there from
8th - 15th September (let me know off list).

Also, if anybody has visited the city and has any suggestions of where to
go/not go these would also be greatly appreciated. My brother will be at
work some of the time so I'll have to find things to do myself. I know that
there are a few festivals on while I am staying there so I'll have to go and
see what they are like, and visit different waterfalls and.... (this is
where you lovely listees come in).

Anyway, as I said before I'll be back in England on the 15th September so I
am still keen to come to the Manchester picnic on the Sunday. If anybody
could let Big Stu and I have some floor space on the Saturday night we would
like to come to Smile (if it is on) as well. Any offers?

Right, I'll have to go and exchange some money...

...Amy

P.S. I did type this all once before but the computer crashed and didn't
save my message as a draft properly! So sorry if some of this doesn't read
that well - typing things for the second time is always annoying.