Sinister: The Onion-- Harry Potter story

colin thornton colinboy21 at xxx.com
Thu Sep 6 14:23:40 BST 2001

Glasgow, Scotland--  In a surprising press conference today, Harry Potter
announced that he will be singing on Belle and Sebastian's newest album
release.  The young wizard from Hogwarts School declared himself a "huge
fan" of the fey Scottish octet.

"They play all sorts of crazy instruments- like the electric sitar and the
hammond organ," declares the young obsessed fictional character. His
knowledge of the band goes far beyond the range of what a normal fan should
know.  "Isobel has her own band called Gentle Waves but thats an album that
Colin Creevy would like."

Colin Creevy couldn't be reached for an interview, but Harry's bookish
friend, Hermione Granger, discussed her thoughts on Harry's obsession.
"Harry thinks I would like Belle and Sebastian because they read narrative
over some of their songs.  I haven't quite told him that they're reading
from 'Curses and Spells Volume Three' yet.  I'm still secretly solving the
mystery, which will surely get me into trouble, but I'll tell you that
Stuart Murdoch is not a good little Christian.  Just listen to the lyrics of
Century of Elvis- actually, don't!  You might turn into a frog."

When asked about the origin of his obsession for Belle and Sebastian, Potter
said, "Look at me!  I wear indie glasses.  I'm shy and socially distant from
my peers.  I grew up in an abusive home with parents who didn't understand
my capabilities.  I fly on a broom and try to catch a flying golden sphere.
How could I NOT be a fan of Belle and Sebastian?"

Harry Potter can be heard on Belle and Sebastian's newest E.P. "Duets",
which will feature other various actors and artists such as Angelina Jolie
(married to Billy Bob Thornton), Jack Black (High Fidelity), and Bashful
(the dwarf).  Potter has no plans to release a solo album, but if
gameskeeper Hagrid get his way- grunge will make a comeback and Harry will
be the next Curt Cobaine.  "Not bloody likely," the young wizard smiles,
"not bloody likely at all."