Sinister: LA Show Review & Setlist

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Thu Sep 6 17:10:57 BST 2001

Well..... my cherry's busted.  I've seen them.  And met Stuart.  He was easy
like Sunday morning.

The show was incredible, like hearing all your favorite songs one after
another right in front of your face.  The sound was almost perfect.  Stuart
was adorable in his red tartan scarf, which he said was mourning for
Scotland who got kicked outa the world cup.  He also said he went to see our
LA Dodgers on Sunday (he's a big baseball fan, he kept talking about
baseball after the show).  He also asked if there was anyone famous in the
audience.  He hadn't seen any celebrities yet in California and really
wanted to spot one.  Stevie said "if Guns n' Roses is out there, c'mon up
and we'll jam"  and Stuart, who was only half listening, said "WHO??" like
he really thought Stevie was inviting someone up.

Stevie was SO cute and looked so shy while singing Jonathan David.  And
Isobel's voice was magnificent.  And the trumpet player was dead-on.  And
was that Sarah next to Isobel?  Why, she looks like a wee child!  (except
for the chest, of course.)  And yes, I did indeed meet Stuart after the
show, he stood talking to us for about an hour, and posing for photos, and
signing things.... he's funny and un-shy and nice nice nice.  He said they'd
go to New York next year, he really has his mind set on playing Radio City
Music Hall.... He said no, they didn't hate LA like the rumor says.... He
said Isobel was kinda freaked out, being in a new country, nervous cos it's
the first night, said "she'll smile a lot more as the tour progresses" (it's
true about her bum by the way).... and he said a lot of other stuff.  Want a
setlist?  Let me know if I left anything out:

Le Pastie
Simple Things
Family Tree
I Fought In A War
Legal Man
The Model
My Wandering Days Are Over
Slow Graffiti
There’s Too Much Love
Women’s Realm
The Wrong Girl
Jonathan David
My Girl’s Got Miraculous Technique
The Magic of a Kind Word
The State I Am In
You Made Me Forget My Dreams
The Boy With The Arab Strap

He brought 6 people from the audience to dance onstage to Legal Man.
Everyone was booing them out of jealousy.  Jonathan Richman was wonderful,
as usual.  I'm still floating.  And I get to see them tonight as well.  What
have I done to deserve this??

~See you tonight.

Brier