Sinister: this kind of weather has me wanting love more tangible

Dimitra wonderer at xxx.gr
Fri Sep 7 02:04:03 BST 2001

Autumn came in Thessaloniki today -or at least it looks like it.
Summer here is endless and rather yellow, and had I prayed for it to end.
Much as I had dreamed of it, autumn still came unexpectedly. Crept up on us,
as Desmond Tropey says.

Yesterday I spent walking around the city and visiting various people.
Avoiding studying. As I walked to the bus stop, I noticed the sun was a bit
paler. I spent noon at someone's terrace looking at the port and the cranes
in the horizon, and talking about travelling, and about fears. I had lunch
with someone's mother. By that time, some pretty grey clouds had gathered,
and it was windy. Windy is my favourite weather. Dreamy. Feels kind of like
travelling. I sat next to an open window trying to write an email but all I
could do was look at the sky. It looked as if it wouldn't rain though; and
then, after it got dark, there was a downpour. I welcomed the rain sitting
on yet another balcony watching the wee devils that are my cousins screaming
and jumping up and down.

This morning it was sunny again and it seemed as we'd have to wait a bit
more for autumn, but then, as night fell, it got chilly!
Autumn makes things look clearer, and brighter; thus more colourful and
charming. So I avoid studying, I indulge in the changing of the season. this
time of year, all feelings are more intense. Heart-breaking, almost. Happy
is happier, and sad is more sad -and they alternate every half an hour or
so. Sleeping feels like entering another world. Lonely feels a bit lonelier.
It's something in the air around me, on my skin. Excited is almost inspired.
Day dreaming is almost like being there. Missing is like you've lost a part
of you. Kind of.

I was lying on my bed, looking at the back of the -quite ugly- buildings I
can see through my window, (avoiding studying of course) and listening to
the Smiths, as night was falling. And it almost made me cry.

I wish I could come to that picnic.

Well, love, and keep the faith, (especially those who will go)
Dimitra

ps I thought I would acknowledge the one who was the reason behind me
discovering Bright Eyes, to whom the subject line belongs, but then again
maybe I should write a Richard-free post for once...