Sinister: First Post (including an EXCLUSIVE story about my friend)

Danny Farrell's Sidekick whytey1982 at xxx.com
Fri Sep 7 19:27:49 BST 2001

Introduction

I am Alan Whyte, this is my first post, though I've been on Sinister for
about a year. I enjoy reading the posts, but can't be bothered/don't have
time to post (I am very lazy). I am 19 and from a small mining town south
west of Glasgow called Chadville.

I love B&S (obviously) Hefnet.com, Magentics, Tindersticks, S-Club 7 and the
Red Bull Dosers. My favourite posters are JenOwl, KenChu and my best
friend/hero Danny. I also like David Howie who lives in the same town as me,
but he hasn't posted "since afore Christmas" (Copyright Craig Leitch 2000).

Ken Chu is my personal hero (apart from Danny, Trip Fontaine, Beans, Hayman
and Ricky Fitz) after seeing him at the Glasgow picnic sliding down a
helter-skelter with a bottle of vodka and a can of red bull in hand. His
band (the Red Bull Dosers) are grate, everyone should listen to them (he is
not paying me to say these things).

Below is a short story about Danny, more will follow about me and my other
friends.

Danny -

Danny is immune to dobberitis. He got a jag for it at school. It was sore
and hurted him for ages. Mummy kissed it better and the nurse gave him a
lollypop. Danny likes lollies, they taste grate. Today he went to feed the
ducks, cause they will be hungry cause they don’t have money to go to the
chip shop when they can’t get fish in the winter. The ponds all freeze up
and people go on it and fall down, and he laughs, but only for a wee while
cause Danny knows he wouldn’t laugh if it happened to him. His bum would
hurt and he wouldn’t be able to sit down.

As Danny grew older, he realised that this lesson would help him throughout
his life. He thought he could be a better person and learn to love. Danny
sat alone at night and watched the stars because they sparkled like nice
sparkly things. They reminded him of the eyes of the girl he adored. This
kept him awake at night and made him think that life was not the painstaking
process he had once believed it to be.

On Monday morning Danny glanced at the cuckoo clock and his heart started to
beat so hard he thought it might burst through his flesh. The reason for
this was that it was almost 8 O’clock, the hour at which he would knock upon
the door of the girl known only to him as ‘Jenny-beans’. It had been a long
time since they had last met and he had gone through many sleepless nights
longing for her marshmallow and butterscotch cookies. He thought them to be
the finest he had ever tasted. It was with that thought that he headed to
the hills.

P.S.  More will follow, thank u if u took the time to read this. Never let
the truth get in the way of a good story.

P.P.S. Listen to the Moldy Peaches, wear purple, read Douglas Coupland
novels and never, EVER say bad things about Isobel (it makes me want to
cry).

"I'm so in love with you dear, it's like I'm on the moon. I can't really
breathe, but I feel lighter." - Merritt 3:16