Sinister: Yes...My name IS "The Pickle Prince"

Jason McKinnon megatherion5 at xxx.com
Sat Sep 8 00:25:20 BST 2001

Hello Sinister World:

It's been awhile laziness and HTML email have hindered our communication but
nonetheless here we are.

Listening to Lloyd Cole out of sheer
wanting-to-be-more-like-the-pinefox-ness....

Aside from some 120 Minutes episodes I haven't listened to him much. First
impression? Good...growing on me.

Speaking of PF, we seem to be on the same wavelength these days. Old REM has
been popping up in my playlists these days quite a bit. I mean..."Wolves
Lower"....one remembers summer of heat watching the kudzu slowly take over
that old wooden building in the middle of that cow field....skinny-dipping
at night....drinking bad wine...generally being a southern-born weirdo with
no hopes, just a couple of inclinations...most of them
self-destructive....They are the soundtrack to my younger adolescence.

But I die-gress....

B & S are a-coming...tomorrow! And frankly I'm pickled tink...

A Sinister Picnic in GG Park?

Well...aint that something? I guess I'm RSVP'ing (quit chuckling you
scatological-minded person you) for it. Stow Lake is quite beautiful and
there are these little electric boats you can ride...Heehehe...I can picture
the mayhem.

Loads of people got to meet Stuart in LA? It may be tougher at the
Warfield...It's quite a big venue...I wonder how it'll happen....Will he pop
down off the stage after the show..and begin gladhanding?....kissing
babies?...I just don't know....

My co-worker's boyfriend got hit and run'ed today and is in intensive
care....they had to cut open his skull so his brain wouldn't swell...so I'm
alone on the 17th floor of the Humboldt Bank Bldg....thinking of mortality
(and yes, PF, listening to Lloyd Cole). How fleeting this life is...we can
take nothing for granted...it can all change in a second...all that.

Sounds trite...but raw emotion almost always leaves a scar...garish in its
obviousity....when words fail, and cleverness turns out to be just running,
hiding from truth....

Reminds me of that line from Fight Club:

"Oh, that's clever....how's that working out for you?"

"How's WHAT working out for me?"

"Being clever...."

A bittersweet missive indeed Sinister....it has been too long...I've missed
you. Do take care...look both ways...and then look again.

See you in the park.....

The Pickle Prince

P.S. If anyone with more pic-nic details would like to email me off list,
that would be grand. Also, if anyone needs directions, help of any
sort...feel free to email me or even call if you get lost or something......

415-252-9722
415-420-2766