Sinister: I'll be known as the boy who's never working, I'll be known as the boy who's never dancing.

Joe Vester machiavellian_llama at xxx.com
Sun Sep 9 20:55:20 BST 2001

I wanted this to be a nice new, shining post, full of confidence and
optimism in order to impress my wonderful new list crush. So I thought about
the last week, starting school and the weekend ahead and really, I didn't
think I could write a confident, optimistic post full of enthusiasm for life
as it's just not what I'm feeling like.
    I worked out what is wrong with my life, lying alone in bed last night.
I don't really have any friends closer than arms length, if you see what I
mean. No-one I can just feel confident and relaxed with. No-one I can just
ring up on the spur of the moment and talk to or go out with. I'm going to
spend the weekend talking to my little sister as I can't even talk to the
polish builder any more.
    The polish builder was called Magic and was probably the most
intelligent, interesting person I've ever met. We'd talk about books, and
politics and national identity, although he was always so much more informed
than me about books, he seemed to have read the entirety of English
literature in Russian, Polish and English, while growing up as a peasant on
a poverty-stricken communist farm. He now works for 2 pounds an hour as a
labourer on a building site before he goes to University. In all, although I
enjoyed talking to him, it used to make me feel uncomfortable, I being a
lazy, middle class kid with a posh-ish accent who'll probably never get
anything done, he being a really insightful, hard-working, well read
sub-student out of the easern bloc who'll probably be president of Poland,
or the first world leader, or at least something worthwhile. It all made me
think that there really isn't any justice, and however hard you try,
there'll be some other twat somewhere else who'll do twice as much to
destroy all of what makes life worth living.
    In 10 days, I should have a new brother/sister. My sister's getting a
cat on Thursday. I want it to be called either Sebastian if it's a boy or
India if it's a girl, the cat this is. We are all prevented from thinking of
names for the baby as last time my step-mother got name frenzy and it was
all we ever talked about. Both Belle and Sebastian have been rejected,
though, as there are already extended family members called those.
    Um, this actually took about 2 days to write which exceeds the 15-minute
thingy by a bit but you'll just have to live with it. Life's a bit on the
rubbish side but I've felt better since writing this post,

Joe