Sinister: have the fish got chips?

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Mon Sep 10 00:05:00 BST 2001

do you know what I do? I save up Sinister mails that have things in them I
intend replying to so I can send one big chunky mail with loads of little
replies in them. Only then I end up with an in-box full of old Sinister
mails and I forget what it was about them I wanted to reply about, which is
annoying.

That said, I've always had the slight suspicion that Jenowl's mails are
written by a Wire writer in his mid-30s, and by not merely having heard of
the delightfully named Anal Cunt but also knowing the title of one of their
songs "she" confirms my suspicions. Do I win a prize?

Special friend Irene and I went to Cork last weekend instead of going to
Track & Field in London. Cork is great. Its people refer to it as the
southern capital to make up for the fact that it isn't actually the capital
of Ireland. we went to Fota Wildlife Park on a little island outside the
city. The wildlife park is GRATE, it's like a refugee camp for cute little
animals. Most of them are allowed wander around the park freely which means
they spend their time being chased by little children. Our favourite animal
was the capybara, a kind of giant hamster the size of a large dog which the
catholic church classes as a fish so that people can eat it on fast days.

It's interesting the way everyone's favourite B&S are doing the thing in
America of getting people from the audience up to sing songs, like they
reportedly did in England as well. I wonder why they didn't do that in
Scotland?

I'm very impressed with their having a motorbike onstage to do the vrooom
vrooom bits of Leader of the Pack.

I bought the Strokes album on Friday and from thinking it was pleasant
enough I know think it's actually quite good and am beginning to think the
Strokes might not end up being completely forgotten in six months time.

time for tubby bye byes.

DV