Sinister: I was the ninth member of B and S for 3 whole minutes!!!

CrnflkgrlO at xxx.com CrnflkgrlO at xxx.com
Mon Sep 10 05:44:34 BST 2001

I just wanted to share with everyone my adventures this weekend in LA and SF
seeing everyone's favorite band....no, not The Modern Lovers, our OTHER
favorite band.

I left school at 2:10 on Thursday, ran to my car and drove from San Diego to
LA.  Fought through traffic, got flicked off by and old lady, and had two
signs saying "Belle and Sebastian or Bust" and "Honk If Your Going to Belle
and Sebastian" taped to the side windows.  Arrived to be about the 30th or so
in line.  I had learned that the first 40 or so in line got orchestra
privaledge and I got right up front.  Took some great pictures, the security
didn't care about flash.  So, once I put them online I will write again to
tell everyone.  I bought 8 perfect lollipops and handed them to Stuart during
the set.  A girl sang "take me out to the ballgame" and a couple who Staurt
had mocked at the beginning danced awkwardly.  Everyone who went on stage got
autographed baseballs.  Apparently he has a baseball obsession nowadays.
Afterwards, I got the privaledge of meeting the band as they left (everyone
except for Richard, Isobel, and sarah) and took pictures of everyone.  Got
hugs!! I was too nervous to ask for hugs and then my friend ernie did.  I
said "Dang! you have some nerve, asking them for hugs, I'm too afraid."
stevie overheard this and gave me a great big hug, exclaiming "there's plenty
of love for everyone." Sigh....  Everyone was sooooo nice in the band, Bobby
(the new Scottish rock version of Leonardo Dicaprio), Wee Chris (who Stuart
said didn't look his best because he coudln't get his contacts in!  but who
doesn't love Chris's glasses), even Mick who wouldn't give me a hug.  (he
said he doesn't give hugs!  I took it personally!) The tour manager was
calling Stu to get to the pub with everyone else, but Stuart said the fans
had been waiting too long and told stories with everyone for awhile.  How
wonderful is that!!  I heard he didn't used to be like that, so it must be
his new gal he's with, making him all giddy.

In San Francisco, we got there around 1:00 and the band was just wondering
about the streets, doing some sight seeing.  Grabbed more pictures of stuart
and he recognized me!!  Reminded him of my name, Rachel.  He told me he put
my lollipops in everyone's equipment cases so they would find them when they
got out the instruments!  Isn't that lovely and twee and all.  The show
rocked my world.  Someone already posted the setlist.  Me and Jen agreed
Stevie has a hot bod and women's hips, but Stuart looked damn fine in a
little leather cap and choker during Leader of the Pack.  The guy who got
called onstage to sing The Boy with the thorn on his side rocked.  And the
best part?  I was the privaleged little girl in front who got called onstage
to say the spoken word part in Dirty Dream Number 2.  I danced like a chimp,
played one of those great egg shaker noise maker thingies, and had the
greatest minutes of my life.  Stuart said to me "it's rachel, isn't it?"
AHHHHH!!!  My prize baseball is now displayed in my room.  Some girls also
gave him a baseball cap which he wore during part of the set.  Afterwards,
the band ran into the bus without talking to anyone, while Stu ran to the bar
down the street with the Aislers Set.  Oh well....

Everything goes downhill from that perfect moment.....

I'd also like to say hi and thanks to everyone who I met and talked to this
weekend!  (Chicago, Michigan representin')  You all were so nice, I love you
to pieces.  You know who you are......

Back to hiding (until the pictures come in!),
rachel cornflake

P.S. if anyone has any pictures of me dancing like a chimp, e-mail me!  I'll
offer lots of love or cash.