Sinister: the music is groovy-it makes you feel happy like an old time movie

gina titchener gltitchener at xxx.com
Mon Sep 10 17:06:52 BST 2001

hello beautiful sinister

the posts lately have indeed been wonderful. i'm afraid i may disrupt this
pattern of events. i shall try my best, but i am a mere maths student....

*

i asked the lord for a sign to tell me whether or not to post - and lo! a
two seater open top car driven by two lovely young ladies painted in
quarters of blue and silver drove down kent street with a man-sized red bull
can attached to the back. and i knew ken chu had spoken.

*

i spent saturday night sat on a bench, staring at the silent waters of the
ouse and the reflections of the light given out from the street lights on
the other side of the river, next to the most expensive apartments in york
full of the most happy and successful people in york. i was sat with two
people i like to call friends. they are not your average man in the street
and they do not have his history. i think they wish they did. they do not
wish for their own. they are not the most happy people in york.
when you look at the reflections of street lights in a river, it looks as if
they are all pointing straight at you.
(it is a rather unsettling apparition
but perfectly explicable)

*

i started reading
pynchon's vineland but it moves
too slow and too fast

instead, reading de
beauvoir's the mandarins - she's
so underrated

*

the sini-star that is known by the name asm is to arrive in york in less
than four weeks, along with the rest of the currently disbanded york
massive. i am immensely excited, and also scared. are there any more
recruits to our cult this year? in two years' time we will be reduced to
one, so we need new stock with in that time. please A-level students (or
whatever the kids are doing these days) consider coming here - we're really
nice, and the uni's very good.

*

as-close-to-content-as-i'm-gonna-get: I have been working out violin parts
on my £2.50 recorder (i miss my delicate little violin and its less-than
delicate voice. it remains in coventry, with out a g-string. cue sniggering
). if anyone wants a vague idea of the solos in miraculous technique and
carriage clock, give me a bell. and if anyone has any requests for other
parts - well, you'll have to sign this piece of paper and wait till 1 am to
see if i'll do it.

*

specific people i need to 'shout out to': Michelle, your tape is 2/3rds
done. it will prolly take another week to get there. Adam: i shall work the
rhythm out tonight, send it you...soon. Chris, i did what you said to your
account but it still wasn't happy. and Jonny, if you're listening, oonagh's
mail scared the crap out of me!

cheers, that saved me 4 mails.

*

I am supposed to be home for 5 o'clock in order to let in a guest (my
housemate got embarrassingly drunk last week and invited a stranger to stay
at our house whilst he himself is out at work, which means i have to be in.
luckily, the man in question, whilst being 35, looks and sounds like a
scared camp trainee maths teacher, so i'm not too worried about being alone
with him) hence i am going to leave you, to press (or click on, i don't
discriminate against internet based account users) delete in peace, if you
haven't already done so.
i just *know* there was more that needed to be said about other thoughts,
but i am hungry and weak and late and stupid. very stupid.

oh and would-be guitar players - be patient with your self. it takes time,
not just passion.

goodbye children

love
gina