Sinister: another response from u.k.

dougal shaw dougalshaw at xxx.com
Tue Sep 11 22:50:32 BST 2001

Condolences to all in NY. Hang in there. If I know the NY spirit in two
years time you will have rebuilt those towers, but even higher. I've been up
the World Trade Centre, about four years ago. All I can think of now is the
top floor with the nets outside to stop you throwing things, the black
linoleum floor, the plinths explaining the views of New York, the lounge
music, the bored staff, the hot dog machine, some nice macaroni I had - all
dissolved. I'm meant to be going to San Fran next week, but I don't know if
I will. I might go out of solidarity, but my parents want me to stay. I know
people who live on Bleeker in the West Village, will they still be there,
will they be forced to move by America's second Dust Bowl? Hopefully, all
sinisterines will be in NY next year to see B and S play at Radio City -
that would be nice...