No subject

bookworm_trochet at xxx.com bookworm_trochet at xxx.com
Wed Sep 12 00:27:56 BST 2001

When my alarm woke me up this morning with the words, "A plane has crashed into the pentagon...", I was stunned for a moment, but somehow I managed to convince myself that I had mis-heard, or that it wasn't as bad as it sounded. I poured myself some cereal and went into the living room, where both my parents were glued to the T.V. There was the World Trade Center, smoking and in ruins.

School was awful today. Everyone was talking about what happened and there were horrible rumors flying around. One said that there was a plane crash around San Francisco, which really got me, since I have family in Vallejo.

I thanked my lucky stars that I live in Sacramento and that my aunt, who works in New York, is okay. I'm really sorry for anyone who lost someone in this disaster, and for all the people killed or injured. I wish I knew what is going to happen tomorrow, or even a week from now.

This all seems too terrible to be real. What has happened is why I dislike war (and terrorism). Innocent people get hurt. Always.

-Holly
--

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup