Sinister: *~*thanks*~*

Maren Rocket knitting_chick at xxx.com
Wed Sep 12 03:26:19 BST 2001

Hi.  I don't write often.  I actually just lurk around
here, but I wanted to express how much it means to me
that everyone is so concerned with the recent events,
or "attack on the us" as my local news coverage is
calling it.  I'm from NY and have many friends who
live in NYC, Pittsburgh and DC, and today has been the
most frightening, eerie day of my life.  I've spent
the day trying to call around (many phone lines are
tied up) and so far, everyone seems to be safely
accounted for.  I'm currently living in MA and I feel
so distant from what has happened and yet, it has
effected everything around me.  My school was closed
today, all the news and radio is about the attacks and
while I should be using this free time to study and do
work, it almost feels disrespectful to the victims and
families, to consider anything other than this
tragedy.  Sure, classes will go on tomorrow and George
W will continue to "hunt and punish" whoever is
responsible for this, but that doesn't make me feel
better or safer.  This is just the beginning and I'm
glad to know that at least some people out there are
taking it as seriously as I am.  I just wish that more
people took these sorts of things seriously when they
were happening in other countries, because then maybe,
we wouldn't be in the position we are now...but maybe
it's for the best that we are.

=====
*~*how scandinavian of me*~*