Sinister: portland show!!!

Carmel Petra Wright carmellie at xxx.com
Wed Sep 12 08:04:04 BST 2001

I just got back from the show in portland and oh my
goodness, it was amazing!  It was my first live
experience with them and i'm soooooo glad i have tix for
2 more shows.  Stuart, of course, didn't ignore the fact
that our country suffered a great tragedy today.  He
said, "it's such a fucking waste"...basically that all
this is happening.  So, in a great gesture, they played
"Turn turn turn" first...it was absolutely perfect.

Here's the setlist (which i don't know the names of a
couple songs, sorry!):
Turn Turn Turn
Sleep the clock around
"I'm feelin' fine" (?)--don't know name
If you're feeling sinister (yay!)
Wandering Days
(Dedicated to Quasi :) Jonathan David--poor Stevie's
voice was cracking on the high notes
Don't leave the light on baby
The Model
Portland, OR (specially written for us by Stevie--it was
awesome)
what i think is Simple Things--i dont' have boy with the
arab strap yet, so i am not sure
The Boy with the arab strap
We rule the skool
Family Tree
The state i am in
Dog on Wheels
Wrong Girl
There's too much love
Legal Man (damn this was awesome)
I am everyday people--you know what i'm talking about,
yes?

19 songs!  people were screaming long after that though.
I also discovered that I DO NOT like sitting for them.  I
had a great seat in the balcony where i could enjoy a
beer and watch them, but it was loud and you couldn't
dance becasue everyone was sitting.  if i saw any
sinister people, i didn't know it.  I hope everyone had
as good of a time as i did!  See those of you who are
goign in Seattle and Olympia!!!

Carmel

=====
"please turn out the light