Sinister: Sympathies

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 12 12:43:15 BST 2001

I'm not sure if I'll end up pressing 'send' or not, but here goes...

I just wanted to add another voice of sympathy for those who've lost loved
ones in the States yesterday. It's been such a frightening day - not one
person is talking about anything else, and we're thousands of miles away on
a different continent. In Britain we've been living with this sort of thing
for thirty years (although not on the same scale), so we've got a good idea
of how it feels. I've heard it described as the most significant day since
Princess Diana died, which I think is fucking stupid, that was just four
deaths. It's more worrying that noone has the faintest idea who was behind
it all (apart from the usual racist knee-jerk accusations); 80% of the
world's population seems to detest America, and it's scary to think that
this could happen again.

But please, let's not have any talk at all of revenge, that's the kind of
attitude which caused all this in the first place.

There must be people reading this who have lost people they know. I'm sure
the last thing on your mind right now is writing to a music list, but just
know that we're thinking of you. And in case anybody out there still thinks
this doesn't affect them, well, I find it almost inconceivable that in a
tragedy on this scale noone from Sinister would have been killed.

Kirsten, our thoughts are with you.

Big Stu