Sinister: thank you to b&s

Andrea Kittenmouse kittenmouse at xxx.com
Wed Sep 12 18:37:49 BST 2001

Hello everybody,
Sorry to add to all the posts.  I know it's busy.  I actually read every
single one of the four sinister digests I got this morning from top to
bottom though.
I don't have anything to say other than I'm in complete shock.  Is this
reality?  I decided not to go to work yesterday--I went out to my mom and
dad's house to get my car fixed, and I watched the news all afternoon on
their tv.  Saw the plane crash into tower 2 a thousand times from a thousand
different angles on five different tv networks.  Saw footage of people
jumping to their deaths, I guess to avoid being burned to death in the
building.  All those people.  It's on a scale way beyond anyone's
imagination.
Got scared because I'm supposed to fly through Newark airport in less than
two weeks on my way to study this fall in Scotland.
Now I'm glad I'm going to Scotland, though.  The American politicians on the
tv and radio reacted in the most disgusting way.  Using people's fear and
religious feelings to manipulate them.
People say that if you see certain things, you are changed, as in, your
brain is physically changed.  I guess they've done scientific studies on it.

I'm sorry, I'm rambling on and the real reason I wrote is because I wanted
to say thank you to Stuart and Stevie and Isobel and Bobby and Sarah and
Mick and Richard and all the rest of the musicians who played with Belle and
Sebastian last night in Portland.  Thanks for saying something, Stuart, at
the beginning of the show.  Thanks for that first song.  Thanks for the love
song to Portland.  But mostly thanks for just being there, playing your
music, and making us feel like the world isn't a horrible place for a little
while.  Thanks.

andrea