Sinister: We woke up one morning, and fell a little further down...

Photojenni27 at xxx.com Photojenni27 at xxx.com
Wed Sep 12 19:09:29 BST 2001

I woke up this morning, and wondered if yesterday had all been some sickening
nightmare, that I had fallen asleep with the TV showing some Hollywood
disaster and the details had just seeped into my subconcious.
Yet when I went downstairs for a cup of coffee, I saw the pictures all over
again. Is it just me or does it still seem so eerily unreal? It is like the
whole world has been watching a State sponsored Hollywood blockbuster. But
it's not. And everytime I see and hear more, I can't stop shaking.
Yesterday I watched the pictures on the news over and over...and I still
can't believe such malice exists in the world. I first found out at work, and
the whole factory and office stopped and crowded around a TV to watch fire
and devastation. Sickened, I went outside for a cigarette. Halfway through
one of my colleagues told me the second tower had collapsed and before they
were showing pictures of people jumping to their death. All day I physically
shook and felt sick. That was only from looking at the pictures. God only
knows the emotions that the relatives of the dead are feeling at the moment.
I come from an American family, although I live in Manchester and have lived
in England for most of my life. I myself have dual nationality. My mother is
American. I have a large family who are spread out across America. We've been
trying to phone America now for over 24 hours. As far as I know, none of them
are in New York, but it's mainly for our peace of mind. This is the first
time that I have felt myself to be truly American....I apologise if that
sounds strange, but I see holes ripped in masonry and office paper falling
like black confetti for the dead and just want to rush to America and protect
those I love. I want to fall at the feet of the Government of both countries
and beg them not to be too hasty, because I am so scared for those that I
love.
I am sickened. I am angry. I am absolutely petrified. But I do not want War.
Saying this, I do believe in retaliation against those who committed this
act. But violence breeds violence. And fingers being pointed before the
culprits come forward is never the way to solve these problems. I would like
to think that the people who committed and induced this act will recieve
punishment of the eternal kind.
I am not religious. But this morning I lit candles in my local Cathedral for
the dead on my way to work. My thoughts are with those on this list who have
lost people. I hope you find solace in whatever way you can. Music always
helps for me. Someone talked about listening to Godspeedyoublackemperor!
throughout this. I know I have been. "The dead flag blues" fits the
apocalyptic scenes so well.
I apologise if this is clumsy. I am still in shock and more numb than I ever
thought possible.
I just hope that no one is going through this alone.
Our world has changed and grown scarier and colder. Lets just hope that we
don't become too hardened by it all.

Cay
xXx