Sinister: My last post was a mess

Simon Fallaha psi_fla at xxx.com
Wed Sep 12 19:38:26 BST 2001

Hello again everyone.

Did I call this an 'accident' yesterday? This was no accident, it was a
bloody terrorist attack.
Also, I was sorry about the BUILDING. Why didn't I mention the most
important thing of all - the people who had lost their lives, and their
families? I didn't even mention the economic disaster.
Anyway, I really couldn't think of what to say back then - I have a better
idea now.

I've been watching the news regularly since yesterday and the severity of it
all is rapidly dawning on me.
For one thing, two of my friends are over there. I wonder how Dave (on
holiday there) is coping with all of this. I have heard that he's OK,
however. And one of my female friends, Louise, was due to return home from
the States on the 15th - when will she come back now?
One of my Y! Messenger American friends wrote to me yesterday longing for
revenge. Revenge in what way? Hopefully not war.
I couldn't think of what to say to her - she was hurting much more than I
was.
Seeing the numerous reports on the news has made me wonder even more about
how strange this world is.
Why should everyone suffer for what just a relatively small number of
terrorists have done?

I considered it sick when I heard about Iraq celebrating, but then they are
overjoyed that the States has been attacked. Not that I still don't consider
it sick.
I'll tell you what, this disaster may be even more serious than I think.
A friend of mine at the Operatic Society likened it to the Wall Street
crash of 1929. Well, I think this is similar only in one way. After all,
there were no Middle Eastern terrorists involved.
I think maybe I was sorry about the building cos I always wanted to visit it
when I was younger, and now I'll never get the chance. Still, I can't
believe my naivety yesterday. The people who lost their lives, their
families, and the people affected severely by the disaster are far more
important. Even more important than how serious an economic disaster this
is.
So important that all tonight's football matches, plus various other shows
around the world (notably music shows, as, have been cancelled. But it's a
sign of respect.

I'm convinced, like everyone else is, that we will get through this. But I'm
just hoping that WW III isn't the answer.

Before I go, notes to a few people:

Kirsten - I'm really sorry.
Stuart Gardiner - You are right. Diana's death seems a really small event
compared to this. Mind you, if this was made into a film (which I hope it
won't be), people will make a profit out of it just like Di's death.
Jen - I read your post numerous times, it was wonderfully written. I
especially agreed with you yesterday when you said - 'George Bush was on the
telly being illiterate and a complete retard. I'm sure everyone feels really
safe knowing that the worlds most powerful country in a time of crisis lies
in the hands of a Texan inbred.' Does anyone else think so?
Jenni (Cay) - I'm about to read your post.

Everyone else on the list - My thoughts are with all of you.

Take care,

Psi.