Sinister: a day for a sulk

Ken Chu kenchu at xxx.com
Wed Sep 12 20:24:55 BST 2001

Hello,

Yesterday lunchtime, because I didn't really have any friends at work, I
took lunchtime outside on my own, because there is a lake near by with a
bench I can sit at.  I sat there for 45 minutes, just looking at the lake.
If people saw me there they probably would have thought that I was very
strange, just sitting there on my own, but I liked it, I liked the peace,
just birds, flying over a tranquil lake, I looked on, and celebrated the
silence.

Who would have known that within an hour, on the other side of the atlantic
ocean all hell broke loose.  I finished work, and my mum asked me if I
watched the news, I was thinking "oh here we go more scaremongery foot scare
stories", she told me the world trade centre has been blown up by hijacked
planes.  It took me a few seconds.. "World Trade Centre??" and "fucking
hell" came into my head.

And I went back home, it was true, cos it was on TV, in full colour, a
plane, flying full speed into a building, have I seen anything like this
happen before?  Yes, I have, many times in films, it looked just like that,
except in films it looked more realistic.

And then I saw how big the WTC was, compared to a bliming jumbo jet, and saw
the whole thing went down, it was demoralising.  My heart felt so heavy, it
still is, I had trouble breathing, and I don't even live in America.  It's
the whole simplicity of it that really distraught me, no tanks, no fighter
planes, no napalm, no atomic bombs, just 4 hijacked planes, blew a hole on
the biggest symbol of civilised world - the civilians.  I shivered.

I am very sorry to read about Kirsten and Sophie's posts.

At this time I don't want to do anything at all, apart from with my friends
and family, to feel safe with company, so, this weekend, it's picnic time...
everyone who live close to at least another sinister should go and meet up,
and try and forget about everything, for a day or two, and listen to nice
day for a sulk to try and lift ourselves again.

When no one talked about Ken Chu for a whole day, you know something is
wrong.

Ken