Sinister: The Sorrow Of The World

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Wed Sep 12 20:51:44 BST 2001

So Gibraltar has tumbled. I can hear sirens.

I was indirectly alerted to the catastrophe by one of
my favourite pop singers, and watched it on a big TV
with my producer. Our own handiwork played over the
first 2 minutes of footage of blue sky, orange flame
and black smoke. From the appearance of a bizarre
accident to the unmistakable malice of a deliberate
strike. The death toll is monstrous. And so many of
those on the ground were firefighters and medical
staff - the best in New York, of all places - already
seeking to do their jobs when the buildings came down,
after which they were needed even more, yet gone.
That's as sad as anything about this disaster.

I see that Alasdair Cook has posted - *again*. His
words will demand my attention, soon. Jefferson, I
think we're lost, indeed.