Sinister: survivor guilt

elise j. spry india_claire at xxx.com
Thu Sep 13 16:55:02 BST 2001

Hello friends,
Thank you everyone for your strength and fellowship
during this time of fear and sorrow.  A common theme I
sense in your emails is feelings of guilt.  Feeling
guilty for enjoying music, food & drinks, or even
life.  Please, let's not be ashamed for this most
important task that has been given us: picking up the
pieces (both literally and figuratively) and getting
on with the business of life.
If the airlines are running tomorrow, I am planning on
going to Seattle to see Belle and Sebastian:
Every dance move I make, every waggle of my tail,
I will shake it for those who will never dance again.
Every song that I sing along, ever-so-off key,
I'll sing my heart out for those who'll never have a
voice.
Every friend's hand I hold, every cuddle and kiss on
the cheek,
We'll hold each other for all of you who need it.
I love you all.  See some of you in Seattle, I hope!!

-elise
PS. My apologies if this has offended or troubled
anyone.  It's not meant that way.