Sinister: We are all equal

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Thu Sep 13 21:15:10 BST 2001

Well, it looks as though the boredom bug has struck me again.

*****SKIP THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY MORE ABOUT WTC, just go to the
bottom*****

As we all know, a great tragedy struck the US, and perhaps, the world this
week.  As we all know, everyone is up in arms about something.  My thoughts?
  we're all the same.

We should never have supported establishing the Israeli nation.  It was not
our job, we had no reason to.  That was a very bad idea.  We continue to
support then, which maybe is a bad idea as well, but it is our obligation.
I think the Palestinians would slaughter the Isrealis if they had the
chance, and vice versa.  In my opinion, Palestine is very justified in
hating us.  However, as much as I hate guns, I do believe that guns don't
kill people, people kill people.  Supplying the funds and guns to the
Isrealis is a far cry from killing thousands of innocent Palestinians in a
matter of seconds.  America has (and will continue) to make lots of stupid
mistakes, but none warrant this kind of retaliation.

The Palestinians dancing in the streets disgusts me as well.  It is, quite
simply, below good taste.  However, I look in the local newspaper to read
people's comments, and I even talk to my own friends, and realize that
Americans are just as disgusting.  One quote from the paper:

"We should deport all aliens, legal and illegal"

Hmm...

And another:

"Its time to close the borders the United States of America and get rid of
the scum that hates this country."

And one, even from a 'friend' of mine:

"We should have wiped out all those towel-heads years ago in Bosnia..."

Not only are many Americans hateful, but incredibly ignorant.  I doubt every
Palestinian was celebrating in the street, the same way not every American
thinks like these poor schmucks.

If NATO attacks a country, then we are just as bad as the terrorists, for it
was but a few that did this horrible deed, and not a whole country.  But
until that day, this country, however flawed and foolish it's government is,
is still a great country.  The mass support of the bloodbanks, the city
workers of New York, proves this to me.  I think a lot of Americans have
done a bang-up job at recovering from this, and a lot of the world had done
a great job in showing support.  Kudos to you all, and especially sinister
(quite possibly the greatest group of people I have ever encountered).

I would also like to thank Elise for putting what I was feeling so well.  I
think the best thing to do is just to move on, and remember those who died
so tragically.

*******END OF WTC STUFF***************

In other news, I put in my resignation today.  I worked there for 5 years,
and now I am jobless.  A full time student.  I'm a bit excited, but you are
all going to have to stop me from spending money on CD's and Vinyl.  So stop
talking about all the great new music, cause I don't want to hear it!  I'm
closing my ears now.. lalalalalala :)

Also, is anyone going to Built to Spill/Modest Mouse or beulah in atlanta?
I think all my friends bailed on me for those.  :(

And where are all the plethora of gig reviews?  Come on people, some of us
are salivating for more B+S!  They always make me happy, especially in
troubled times like these.  And post some pictures too, I know quite a few
of you got pictures with the band.

Okay good folks, sorry if I wasted your time.  I didn't mean any harm.  I
love you all.

-Matt