Sinister: Strawberry Fields Forever

Dimitra wonderer at xxx.gr
Fri Sep 14 03:01:42 BST 2001

-always know sometimes think it's me but you know I know when it's a dream-

Me:
I don't know, I think this song is my all time favourite. Because... because
it seems like the absolute dream...not the strawberry fields themselves, not
a place where nothing is real... It's not the lyrics, it's how it feels....
like... everything that as a kid you dreamed they existed... but now you
found/know/think they don't exist...

Andreea:
I remember when I first heard strawberry fields forever... and I know I will
have that line stuck in my head, just the way the Beatles sung it, forever.
I remember immediately thinking of this strawberry field, where the
strawberry vines are really tall, covering most of the height of the person
I imagine running through, it's all red and green but still with empty space
in between, not just a sea of red, but a sea of strawberries, an endless
sea. I never dreamed it much further than that, there was no reason and
there is no reason now to think of leaving that field, just being there is
enough.

Me:
I rarely ever cry because of a song, but today, as I was listening to it,I
almost did. Instead, I lied there wishing -praying- it existed, that it was
all true, and we could all move there. And... I don't know, dream on for
yourselves from this point.
And yet at the same time my heart was aching for its absence, there was a
part of me that knew/thought/believed it was something more than a dream...
I don't dare tell you it exists. Not after what happened, not with so many
people around. But I would have told you it exists, if you were there to ask
me then.
It exists... We might not be able to board a boat or a train and go there,
but maybe we can make it come true... a wee bit... or maybe more.

Andreea:
So much of the time we all spend dreaming of something beyond -beyond
present, beyond future, beyond our own spaces, beyond ourselves; and then
something happens, to bring us back into our own bodies; because at the end
of the day it's all we have.
We reach so far out in our dreams, that we forget ourselves, our
surroundings, we forget what we really have.
And we forget that our dreams could not exist for a moment without us,
outside of us, we feel they're far away... But really they're closer than
all else.
So let's let our dreams swim up to the surface of our souls, of our hearts.

Me:
Our dreams depend on us. As does the beauty in the world. David said :"We
are still surrounded by beauty in this world, and it's not as fragile as it
seems. Cling to it."
Honey said the list is what we make of it. These days, this makes me proud.
The world is what we make of it too. (These days, this makes me sad). Don't
be scared, cause that what he terrorists want. And don't hate, because
that's what they do. Try not to be too sad. Try to understand instead. Don't
fight with each other about what it means. Just take a moment to think how
the world could have been/become better. Then do something to make it true.
How?
David also said, and Honey repeated, 'don't let this change who you are'.
I'd say, rather, if you change, change for the better. If you have been
shaken and shocked, the best you can make of it is to become more true to
yourselves.
And hang on to your dreams...

Andrea tells me to say :
"love each other or perish"- w.h. auden, inhale that before you look at it
as just words!
But I remember her saying too, "go out and look at the sky, sometimes it
helps"
And I say:
Keep the faith, and dream on.
Dimitra

ps, we both say:
If you think there's something you can do to prevent further violence of any
kind, especially bombings, make sure you do it. In whichever country you may
live in.