Sinister: *Manchester Picnic Info* (Apologies for being so late)

Photojenni27 at xxx.com Photojenni27 at xxx.com
Fri Sep 14 15:03:36 BST 2001

Ok, I'm sorry that this has taken sooooo ridiculously long to be posted, I
intend to post this on Tuesday but with recent events, my mind has been
(understandably) on other things. I also wanted to give a respectful space to
others on the list who have been more personally affected than I by the
recent events in New York. But, you wanted to know, so here it is.
The Manchester Picnic is still on, and it intends to be a rootin-tootin' good
time (that is if you nice people decide to turn up and make a conscious
decision to spend Sunday with me.)
The venue is going to be a lovely wee place I found in Didsbury called
"Fletcher Moss Park" about 20 minutes outside of Manchester on the 42 Bus.
It's relatively easy to get to from the City Centre and its just the
loveliest place to go picniccing ever, with big oak trees you can climb and
rivers to walk along and stuff. It was going to be Platt Fields, but Fletcher
Moss is much nicer, just as easy to get to, and there are two pubs next to it
as well as Didsbury Village being a 10 minute walk away which is
drinking-binge heaven :-) Also, there is (hopefully) less risk of us being
flashed at/having ears bitten off/having drunken people accost us if we go to
Fletcher Moss

********* Important Bit**********

DATE:- Sunday 16th September

MEETING PLACE:- In the Old Cock pub which is right next to Fletcher Moss.
It's really nice and serves Goldschlager :-) We can meet up in there and then
go next door to Fletcher Moss once everyone's arrived.

DIRECTIONS:- Get the 42 bus from Piccadilly Bus Station which is a ten minute
walk from the train station and right next to Piccadilly Gardens which right
in the centre of the City. It's about 20 minutes on the bus, through
Rusholme, Fallowfield, Withington and Didsbury Village. You'll see a square
across the road from the bus stop in which there is "The Didsbury Village
restaurant" "The Didsbury" pub and "The Old Cock Inn." The Old Cock is next
door to the Didsbury Village Restaurant. If you just ask the bus driver when
you get on the bus, I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

TIME:- 2 O'Clock. Enough time to recover from your hangovers gained at the
Edinburgh Picnic

CONTACT:- My mobile number is 07748 654-239. Just ask for Cay and I'll be
happy to help. My directions are reknowned for being notoriously awful so
feel free to bug me, what with being the picnic organiser and all. If any of
you are really unsure, I'm happy to meet people in the train station
beforehand so we can all go to Fletcher Moss together. Just email me or phone
me if this is a better option for you.

ME:- I'll be the girl in the duffle-coat, black cords and Purple Belle and
Sebastian t-shirt no doubt drinking a Whiskey and Coke and smoking a
cigarette looking harassed. I have black hair, blue eyes and a sweet smile.
Just approach me and say Hello once you get there. I'm a very friendly
person. Honestly :D

Sorry if this is sketchy/hasty/disrespectful. I can only try.

My thoughts remain with all of those who are suffering. My American
Grandmother managed to get through on Wednesday night on the phone. My family
are all ok. She didn't sound it though. Shock and grief were heavy in her
voice.

Take Care as always

Picnic Mummy Cay
xXx