No subject

Tim Banning fezzywig at xxx.com
Fri Sep 14 16:30:15 BST 2001

I've been on the list for about a year and a half...never really wanting to
actually write something until now.  I think that it's that i'm moved
by the kindness projected from the emails i've been getting since tuesday.
I'm an American boy from california. There are lots of things that I'm
thinking when i'm writing this...I don't know if anyone is even going to
read it.  but...hell. You know, I was going to write my story but I
won't...I was just traveling (very slowly) from northern to southern
california on the Amtrak on tuesday. I was up in the San Francisco Bay area
for the weekend to see Belle and Sebastian(you know when they played "Billie
Jean") and visit my girlfriend. I had seen them the thursday before.  It
turns out that this guy that had gotten on one of the many transfer busses
in Fresno with
me was traveling back from the same exact Belle and Sebastian concert
in San Francisco. I got to meet Stuart after the show and he signed my
poster that the warfield was giving out at the door, only to find my cat
chewing on it this afternoon.
I apologize (said like Peter Jennings), I feel like I'm being very random
and i'm definitely not being as articulate as I want. I just really think
it's awesome how nice and how feeling and just the extraordinary ideas and
words that have been coming from the sinisterites. I'm also in a way
confused by this sudden blast of patriotism around me all the time now. I'm
an American, you know any other day I might have written that word in lower
case
letters but now....there are flags on freeway over passes, hundreds of cars,
tomorrow is Flag day or where Red White and Blue day at my brother's junior
high and it feels good. I've never ever been patriotic, but these last few
days have made me think, no feel, what it is to be an American. Maybe it's
not just American but what it is to be Free and Alive....I hope I haven't
alienated myself from this board. I love reading your emails from time to
time.  That's why I signed up, I just thought that everyone wrote so
well and thought about things and it was like reading good literature. Now,
I've finally written something, and better send it before
I delete it all.

sincerely

 tim