Sinister: the only living boy in New York.

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Sat Sep 15 22:13:46 BST 2001

hi everyone!

Returned today from my wee trip up north with da
boyfiend.

I thought I ought to check my e mails, as the lovely
john john told me that you lot had posted something
like seventy odd posts in a day. Busy bees indeed.

And in a way, this post might feel like its a little
too late.. I've missed the rush in  some sort of way.

But you know what I'm talking about.

As we drove up, I was sitting in the car, as Mark
drove along the M8 towards Edinburgh then to the forth
road bridge.
None of these details are important really though are
they, but I'm trying to give you my context of how
things occured, in that car, on that day.

Mark got a message from his pal john on his mobile at
around 2.15pm GMT.

I frowned at first, with odd confusion.
Then I thought "Hey, maybe it was just some military
excercise, planes flying in formation, and they had
just swooped too low and caught the roof of the
building." You know, maybe not even a victim, just one
very sore pilot.So we switched on the radio, and
scowered the pop commerical and BBC radio stations for
news. The first bulletin was short, like they usually
are. Short bulletins usually suggest to me, that its
bad, but I had no idea what had happened.. the whole
scenario of it all.

Then, by three oclock, the news was flooding every
radio station, thick and fast, the details flowed, the
rumours and scares and fears and unconfirmed reports
just poured into our ears, filling our heads with
frightening amounts of information... up to eleven
hijacked planes.. two into the pentagon... evacuations
in London..
it went on and on and on...
the sound of pertrified and shock ridden voices of eye
witnesses from the streets of New York, the stories of
people jumping from the buildings...

I don't think I need to tell you anything more, do I
really. You know what happened. You've probably all
heard of the Nostradamus predictions (the books are
apparently all sold out, and I leant my copy of his
predictions to a pal of mine), seen the TV filled with
the pictures of weeping relatives, trawling the
streets with their missing posters and plastering them
across emergency service vehicles. And I can't
imagine.

The holiday itself was great, but all that time, we
sat watching CNN and BBC news for details, seeing the
newspaper pictures, Mark calling his pal who works at
Heathrow as an air trafiic controller (Mark himself
has been at Prestwick these past few months. Both he
and his pal were glad to be on their holiday for all
the chaos that has been going on around the airports
in the UK.)

I've watched countless programmes, everything from
analysising George W Bush's role (or lack of role) in
this incident. And I have to say, I thought the way
people were so flippantly analyising him right now was
quite frankly, a little bit uncalled for. I mean, who
cares if right now, hes not a great spokesperson? The
world trade centres have been obliterated from the
skyline of New York, of course he didn't exactly have
time to sit and write a speech, when he himself could
be at risk, and tens of thousands of people could have
died and the pentagon was targeted and people died!

And for a moment, I felt sorry for him. Afterall, who
would really want to be the President of The USA,
right now. The best bits might be, say, having someone
deliver you breakfast in bed. And not having to pay
for it, or you know, perform sexual favours for it.
(I'm sorry if this sounds flippantly ridiculous, but
I'm in one of those odd humours at the moment, where I
feel sad, and the only thing I can do is make stupid
flippant comments becuase I don't know how else to
react.)
But when this happens, what do you do? I don't know
what I would do. I think the only thing that can be
done, really, is to seek out whoever did this, those
directly involved, those who did this- not entire
nations- to justice.

You know what else has irritated me?  flippant
comments I overheard this morning at breakfast about
"Well, now they(America) know how we feel, perhaps
they'll stop providing the IRA with funds".
"I think its ridiculous that they're (the American
airlines) are making people throw out their shaving
razors from their hand luggage. They're overreacting a
bit, don't you agree?".

But I have to say, these are stupid people. Stupid,
ignorant people, who really ought to be ignored. And
if you meet any stupid ignorant people like this,
ignore them, don't get upset and into fights and
arguments with them.

But for all of this, you know what really really,
really struck me? morethan the pictures in the paper,
more than the terrifying images blitzing the news?

You lot.

Here I am.

I can turn off the TV. I'm not apathetic to it all,
you know, but in a way, its different.

you lot.

you really know how to make a girl come home, and find
ten digests, and get that horrbile empty achy feeling
deep in the depths of her belly with your words.

Some angry.
Some sad.
Some offering comfort and touching and affectionate.
But all of them shocked.

And sometimes you said sorry, and said you didn't know
what to say. Well, you know, I'm not there. I'm not in
New York. I possibly don't have a rigfht to say this,
but heres the thing, that from an almost objectional
view point, seeing those posts, each one tinged ith
sadness, shock, tenderness, and sorrow, fear, worries,
hopes, dreams, and overwelming emotion, I thought they
were very moving. I'm not there, but I thought you
ought to be told.
I read them all, and tried my hardest, to stay
somewhere inside, that I might think "These are old
posts".
A concern that has arisen, is how everyone has
suddenly gone potty about Nostradamus, certainly in my
inbox anyway.

the following information has been circulating as a
prediction:

In the year of the new century and nine months,
>From the sky will come a great King of Terror.
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city

In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls; the great leader will
succumb;
third big war will begin when the big city is burning

On the 11th day of the 9 month,
two metal birds will crash into two tall statues
in the new city,
and the world will end soon after.

So I thought you might like to be pointed to this
website, to perhaps relieve some of your worries.

http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/hoaxes/predict.htm

Love to all.

idles.