Sinister: Picnics and Pigeons

Belle The Grown Up Dog kissingbelle at xxx.com
Sun Sep 16 23:42:39 BST 2001

Well I'm 8 months old now and my life is so very different from the last
time I wrote to you all.
First of all I have a new collar and new lead, they are really pretty
believe me. I look so much more grown up some people even think I'm 9 months
old! Can you believe it?
Not only that, but the boy that lived with me and the girl, has decided he
isn't going to live with us anymore, and will move away very soon.
I think it is a good thing really. The boy and the girl shouted at each
other so much and it made me quite scared. It takes a lot to make me scared
these days. Even that Hoover had better be on its guard with me around.
The girl was so unhappy for a few days and I really didn't know what to do.
But I kept running up to her and telling her about all the exciting things
that I had seen. Like that spider who can walk up walls! (I'm not lying! it
really did!)
Eventually she smiled and said "what would I do without you?"
Another good thing about the boy going, is that, now the girl lets me sleep
in her room with her. So now, when it is morning I can tell her straight
away. sometimes she doesn't believe me and says "urghh.. belle it is 6.00,
its not morning yet" So I wait a while before telling her again. Sometimes
it takes a few times of me telling her before she realises it really is
morning.

A very nice thing happened yesterday. We went to a picnic! The girl told me
we were going to go at the beginning of the week so I found it very
difficult to concentrate on day to day things like tormenting the
guineapigs, eating my toys and even begging for food!
What happened was, on Saturday morning the girl woke up before me, and said
"we are off to a picnic today belle!" I told her that of course I knew but
was she really sure she wanted to get up already?
She told me that she was nervous. That girl gets nervous about such silly
things! I told her not to worry and that I would do the talking for both of
us. She said she didn't think would work but smiled anyway.
I watched as the girl packed her bag just incase she forgot to pack anything
important. Of course she did forget something. I kept asking her to pack me
some yogurts. I really like them you see, sometimes lets me to lick out the
pots. I even  got one out of the fridge for her but all she said was "Belle
what are you doing with that?" She sounded a little angry if I'm quite
honest with you.

We got off the train and saw some people waiting for the picnic. I knew some
of the already so I said hello to them first of all. I was so pleased
because the remembered me too!
These people are great you know? They smile at you as soon as they see you
and make you feel really special and welcome. That is so nice, especially
when you are 8 months old and going through big changes in your life.

We went to a park and met another dog. It was a bit jealous because it
wasn't allowed to join in with the picnic and that is enough to make anyone
jealous. But do you know what it did instead? It caught a squirrel! I just
know I would be in so much trouble if I did that!

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, my friends the pigeons arrived! And all of
a sudden I realised that the girl didn't have a hold of my lead and I was
running around trying to talk to them. I think that the girl decided that
was a good idea because she started running around too! But instead of
catching the pigeons she caught me!

Now I did something that I'm not very proud about, and I think I should
really apologise for it. I bit someone's nose! I really didn't mean too
because he was so nice. We were playing and it was such a good game as well.
But you must know how it is when you get excited? Sometimes noses just get
bitten.

Later on we went to a Pub and someone recognised me and asked if I was the
famous belle! Well of course I am. But it made me proud because sometimes I
forget about that little bit of fame.

On the train home me and the girl were talking. We both agreed that seeing
as how things were changing in both of our life's it was a relief to be with
such friendly people. She really needn't worry though. Things aren't
changing in her life as much as in mine. She doesn't have a new collar.

Love and extra kisses,
Belle