Sinister: Seattle ain't bullshi**in'

KitsapCD - Bremerton kitsapcd at xxx.com
Mon Sep 17 18:09:10 BST 2001

Hey Sinister,
  2 posts in one week from an eternal lurker?  You
KNOW it's big news!
  First of all, I just wanted to thank everyone on the
list for all the lovely thoughts throughout the last
week.  It's helped more than you know.  And love and
condolences to anyone who lost someone last week.  And
extra deep sympathy to Kirsten, who lost her friend
Dan.  I've been there, babe.  Keep your head up.
  Secondly, I want to send big wet sloppy kisses to
the mighty Belle & Sebastian for their very wonderful
show in Seattle last Friday.  I know it's been said
before, but I think it bears repeating:  that Stuart
is quite the dancer, isn't he?  And what a
ridiculously good-looking bunch they are!  Big ups to
them for the moment of silence, and for their
excellent version of "Turn Turn Turn".  A very
appropriate and tasteful tribute.  And "Crosstown
Traffic"?!?  FANTASTIC!  You all haven't lived unless
you've seen Stevie rockin' a Hendrix solo on his
knees.  So again, big thanks to the band for a
much-needed respite from the horror of last week.  It
was grrrreat!  Oh, and Jonathon Richman is a god among
men, and I feel sorry for anyone who thinks otherwise.
  Lastly, thanks to Rinaldo for organizing the
sinister meet up.  I just wished more people had shown
up (yes, I'm talking to YOU, William Harris!).  But it
was great to finally meet some other sinisters in real
life, especially the lovely Elise of beautiful
Madison, WI!  Don't worry, dear, the set list will be
in the mail tomorrow!  I just hope me & my weird
friends didn't scare you off.  Seriously, Seattle is
awesome, and you should definitely think about
relocating.  We're a friendly people, really!
  So, all in all, I good time was had by all.  Well
worth the wait.  I'm just sorry I didn't get to take
Stuart to a Mariners game.  Oh well, maybe next time.
  Off like a prom dress,
  Jen