Sinister: The wrong dream to have on my mind...

tim plumley explodinboy at xxx.com
Tue Sep 18 09:21:37 BST 2001

hey sinister,
I have been meaning to share my Belle and Sebastian
experience as Rachel did but then all this nightmare
began (BTW Rachel, I'm so glad that I sold my tickets
to you, a true fan who had the time of her life.)
Anyways as Rachel said I went to both nights in LA and
was mezmerized at how great they were, the second
night even topped the first which i didn't think was
possible. There have already been many reviews of the
shows so I won't focus on that but it was what
happened after the show that was amazing. After the
show my friend Garrett and I were going to get food
and pick up a friend of his that lives right near the
Wiltern. It turns out he wasn't there and we drove
behind the Wiltern where the bands rowdees were
to wait with the group of people that was there and he
asked if i had anything for them to sign...turned out
i had the Tigermilk and Sinister booklets in my car
(fate). So we waited from about 11 till 12 and then
Sarah came out, we went over to her and she signed
stuff and then got in a taxi and left, next was Mick,
then Bob,  Chris, Stevie, and then lastly was Stuart.
Isobel somehow managed to slip out right after the
show, which bummed me out. I think she was drunk and
wanted to go drink more. Anyways we took pictures with
them and chatted and they signed everyones stuff and
they were all so incredibly nice and humble. While
Stuart was signing stuff the manager (i think) came
over and was going to take him away to the Bounty Bar
but he said that since we waited so long that he would
finish up and then walk over there. He invited us all
to come along and most went. We walked right next to
him and talked the whole time about things such as
what they have been doing in Cali, where they are
going, and a bunch of different things. Then when we
got there they were all drinking and socializing at
different tables. Isobel was there in the corner
looking cute as ever. Stuart was going to buy drinks
but i told him i wanted to buy him one and so i got
him a Jack and Coke. He was going to sit with us but
he got bombarded with fans and questions. It was
already 1:20 a.m. when we got there and then last call
came and then the bar closed and we all shuffled out
to the street. Before it closed however i got Isobel
to sign my album and then i took a picture with her.
Some guy was talking to her and then she gave him the
digits when he was leaving (lucky bastard). As a
result of this she is my new unattainable crush.
Stuart hung around a bit and then cut out and said he
was tired and they had to head to San Francisco the
next day. I can't stress how nice a group of people
B&S are. Fortuanately I will always have the memories
because it turns out my film was ruined and my
pictures didn't develop.
-tim

=== message truncated ===